29th January 2019, 02:16 AM
Unregistered

Can I study Diploma in Pharmacy being an 11th Humanities student?

Hi everyone, I am studying in 11th standard with Humanities stream. I want to do Diploma course in Pharmacy. So, can I study Diploma in this specialization? Kindly let me know about this as soon as possible.

7th February 2019, 01:49 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study Diploma in Pharmacy being an 11th Humanities student?

No, you are not eligible to study diploma in pharmacy being 11th humanities student. Given below is the eligibility criteria for this course:-

Candidate should have to pass the higher secondary with physics, chemistry and biology and mathematics as optional subject from recognised board.
7th February 2019, 05:06 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

In order to pursue Diploma in Pharmacy, a candidate must have minimum qualification of 10 + 2 with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology subjects with minimum 50% marks.

Minimum age to be 17 years and maximum should not exceed 23 years on 31st December of year of admission.

As you haven't completed 12th standard hence, you are not eligible.
7th February 2019, 09:26 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot study diploma in pharmacy being an 11th Humanities student:-

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with science stream from a recognised board are eligible for diploma in pharmacy.

Your age should be above 18 years.
7th February 2019, 11:59 PM
EducationConsultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi everyone, I am studying in 11th standard with Humanities stream. I want to do Diploma course in Pharmacy. So, can I study Diploma in this specialization? Kindly let me know about this as soon as possible.
Sorry, you are not eligible to study Diploma in Pharmacy course, being an 11th humanities student.

- > Candidates who have passed 10+2 or intermediate examinations with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology subjects with at least 50% marks are eligible to study the Diploma in Pharmacy course.

- > Therefore, 11th humanities students are not eligible to study the Diploma in Pharmacy course. Duration of the Diploma in Pharmacy course is two years. Diploma in Pharmacy course is available in various pharmacy colleges in India.
8th February 2019, 09:43 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

No, you need to have class 12th with PCB or PCM stream, if you want to apply for diploma in pharmacy course. Admission will be through entrance exam conducted by the concerned organisation.

Arts is not the suitable stream for pharmacy course, which is based on life sciences. You have to study science in class 12th.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?