8th April 2022, 03:10 AM
Unregistered

Which course should I take after Diploma to become an astronaut and scientist?

I am doing final year diploma in mechanical my dream is to become an astronaut and scientist so which course i should take after completing diploma

9th April 2022, 05:54 AM
Msdhoni02

Default Re: Which course should I take after Diploma to become an astronaut and scientist?

Candidates who have a degree in Aerospace Engineering or Aeronautical Engineering will be an advantage for future Indian astronauts.

Students must have essential knowledge of Science (Physics, Chemistry, Geology), Engineering, Technology and Mathematics.
10th April 2022, 12:32 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course should I take after Diploma to become an astronaut and scientist?

Candidate must have bachelor's degree in physical/computer science , engineering, mathematics or biology with atleast 65% marks from a recognised board.

Professional experience of atleast 3 years is compulsory.

After diploma , one can take degree in Aeronautical engineering that will act as an advantage for future Indian astronauts.

Large number of astronauts began their career as commercial or military pilots.
10th April 2022, 03:31 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Most astronauts have a master's degree, and a PhD. A degree in astrophysics is an ideal starting point for would-be astronauts. Astrophysics is a broad subject that combines physics, chemistry, math, and cosmology.
10th April 2022, 05:11 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Most astronauts have a master's degree, and a PhD will significantly improve your chances of reaching the stars.
A degree in astrophysics is an ideal starting point for would-be astronauts. Astrophysics is a broad subject that combines physics, chemistry, math, and cosmology.
10th April 2022, 08:51 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

To become an Astronaut and Scientist you must have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, or Biology from a recognized university. A candidate must have an aggregate of 65% marks or CGPA /CPI grading of 6.84 on a 10 scale and must be a citizen of India. For higher positions, a Master's or doctorate degree in Aerospace Engineering or Aeronautical Engineering, and Science will add up to your achievements.
11th April 2022, 09:19 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Candidates who have a degree in Aerospace Engineering or Aeronautical Engineering will be an advantage for future Indian astronauts. Students must have essential knowledge of Science (Physics, Chemistry, Geology), Engineering, Technology and Mathematics.
13th April 2022, 03:08 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

You can do a graduation degree course in astrophysics which will help you to become an astronaut. If you have good knowledge of Physics, Chemistry, Geology, and Mathematics, then it will be an added advantage for you.
15th May 2022, 11:20 AM
Crenchekids
Senior Member+++++

Astronauts have a master's degree, and a PhD will significantly improve your chances of reaching the stars. A degree in astrophysics is an ideal starting point for would-be astronauts. Astrophysics is a broad subject that combines physics, chemistry, math, and cosmology.

Qualification for astronaut is a bachelor's degree in engineering, biological science, physical science or mathematics. This is the basic required qualification. If you have this much then you can apply for any aerospace agency.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?