22nd December 2013, 11:23 AM
Unregistered

Cut off marks for B.E. lateral entry after Diploma?

V.CHANDRU,

I Am Completed For My Diploma In 79.89% FIRST CLASS WITH HONOURS In 2009 Batch.I WANT to Join B.E mechanical Department .So Please Sand What Is The Cut Off Mark For B.E Later entry Diploma candidates

Related Questions:
  1. When does the B.E lateral entry admission start? How the diploma Civil's cutoff marks are calculated?
  2. Eligibility criteria for lateral entry in B.E(Mechanical Engineering)? What is the cutoff mark for lateral entry in B.E?
  3. Lateral Entry in GGSIP University after Diploma in IT with 59.60% marks? Any other University for lateral entry?
  4. Required Cut off marks to get admission in Engineering colleges of Tamil Nadu through Lateral Entry?
  5. Am I eligible for lateral entry after completing Kerala Polytechnic 3 years diploma
  6. After completing diploma from Bangalore will I be allowed for lateral entry exam?
  7. How should I get admission in B.E Aeronautical? What is the procedure?
  8. How to join B.Tech course after completion of B.Sc?
  9. Can I join B.Tech after completing B.Sc. IT ?
  10. Am I eligible for B.Tech lateral entry in Kerala after completing 2nd year diploma in civil engineering with 70% marks?
  11. Can I give B.Tech LEET exam to get admission in 2nd year?
  12. Eligibility for lateral entry for BE after diploma in IETE (EC)
  13. How to join B.Tech lateral entry after completing diploma in civil engineering
  14. Engineering colleges in TamilNadu or Chennai for Lateral Entry after Diploma in CSE? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. How to study lateral entry B.E after passing lateral entry diploma?
  16. Can I be able to join Lateral entry in engineering in Kerala after doing diploma in lateral entry scheme?
  17. How to join Lateral Entry in NERIST Arunachal?
  18. List of colleges in Tamilnadu taking admission through lateral entry for diploma holders? I have finished my diploma course and expecting 83-89% marks in my diploma
23rd December 2013, 01:11 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Cut off marks for B.E. lateral entry after Diploma?

Hello Friend,

As you have done your diploma course in 2009 and now you want to go with BE degree. This is very good that you want to join the BE course. So lets talk about the procedure to join the BE course.

So basically if any one want to join the BE OR B.Tech course after completing his/her diploma course He/She need minimum of 50% marks in his/her diploma course.

You can join the BE or B.Tech course after completing your diploma course through the lateral entry scheme.

What is lateral entry Scheme-

Lateral entry scheme- If any student have diploma course with at least of 50% marks in his or her diploma course can take admission in the B.Tech OR BE course directly in the 2nd year of the course.

So now talking about the exams by which you can take admission in the BE or B.Tech course so now it is depend on you in which university or College you want to take admission because every university and college have its own entrance tests.

So there is no cut off marks. Even some university gives admission on the basis of the marks obtained in the Diploma. So if you are going to take admission in the BE course then you need to choose a good college.

And if that college take any entrance then you need to appear for that entrance OR otherwise if they take admission on the basis of your marks obtained in your diploma.

So then cut off will be based on number of candidates and there marks going to take admission in that college.
13th February 2014, 08:00 PM
Sowmya449

If you have above 50% marks you can join BE or B.Tech course after completing your diploma course through the lateral entry scheme i.e., If any student have diploma course with at least of 50% marks they can take admission in the B.Tech/BE directly in the 2nd year..
There is no cut off marks. Even some university gives admission on the basis of the marks obtained in the Diploma. So if you are going to take admission in the BE course then you need to choose a good college.Cut off will be based on number of candidates and there marks going to take admission in that college. Don't bother about cut-off marks .. try your level best.... Good luck for your future.......
15th May 2015, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

Iam 75% in Diploma In civil Engg and what is the cut off marks of Coimbatore colleges to join the BE civil Lateral entry?I want list of colleges?
13th June 2015, 12:29 PM
BARANI123u

How to calcultae cut off for BE lateral entry. which sem marks need to be considered. What is the minimum cutoff for government sea
3rd March 2016, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

I am mechanical engineering diploma percentage is 97% .l get lateral entry for Anna university, IIT,SSN please tell me.
6th January 2017, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

I am finished diploma in computer technology with aggregate of 90% can you tell me about how to get a seat in anna university please help me.is it possible to get a seat in anna university?.and how to get it
16th May 2019, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

I have obtained 87% In mechanical diploma 2013- 2016 batch i want to join lateral BE now how. Can i calculate my cut off marks and to join in college.
21st July 2021, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

I had 95 percentage in electronic ans communication.. Can i eligible to apply for GCT clg in coimbatore.. It's..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?