2nd October 2014, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

Diploma in Nautical Science leading to B.Sc in Nautical Science is eligible for giving IAS exam?

sir,
is diploma in nautical science leading to bsc in nautical science eligible for giving ias exam.
diploma in nautical science is a one year class room programme. after this I have done 18 months sailing on board ship. after this their is 4 months class room programme. after completing all this I have given second mates exam, passed it and I have got bsc in nautical science degree.

Related Questions:
  1. Last five years question papers for B.Sc Nautical Science entrance exam of leading universities?
  2. Diploma holder can do B.Sc in Nautical Science?
  3. IGNOU OPNENET: Entrance Test for Diploma in Nautical Science leading to B.Sc (Nautical Science) - Mathematics (Test III) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  4. Names of some government Navy college where I can study Diploma in Nautical Science and BSc Nautical Science?
  5. IGNOU OPNENET: Entrance Test for Diploma in Nautical Science leading to B.Sc (Nautical Science) - General Knowledge (Test II) Exam- Download Previous Years Question Papers
  6. Information about the BSc Nautical Science or diploma Nautical Science course
  7. B.Sc Nautical Science is considered as graduation or not? Status of B.Sc Nautical science degree from IGNOU?
  8. Will there be any opportunity for me in Indian Navy after completion of B.Sc in Nautical Science?
  9. Difference between diploma in Nautical Science leading to BSc degree and BSc Nautical Science degree?
  10. How to join BSc Nautical Science and Diploma in Nautical Science with sponsorship?
  11. IGNOU OPENNET Entrance Test for Diploma in Nautical Science leading to B.Sc(Nautical Science)- Reasoning Aptitude (Test I) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  12. Interview questions and answers for a job in shipping company after doing Bsc Nautical science degree?
  13. How to get sponsorship for BSc(Nautical Science) or DNS(Diploma in Nautical Science) for studying abroad?
  14. How to join BSc Nautical Science after completing B.E Mechanical
  15. After doing BSc Physics an with 52% in 12th science and 74% in CET can I appear for Nautical Science? Procedure to apply for it?
  16. IGNOU OPNENET: Entrance Test for Diploma in Nautical Science leading to B.Sc (Nautical Science)- General Science (Test V) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  17. Date of CET-IMU entrance exam? Last date of submission of forms? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. How to get sponsorship for B.Sc(Nautical Science) or DNS to study in Abroad?
2nd October 2014, 10:16 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Diploma in Nautical Science leading to B.Sc in Nautical Science is eligible for giving IAS exam?

Yes, definitely you are eligible to appear for the IAS exam after completion of B.Sc in Nautical Science. To be eligible to appear for the IAS exam, you must satisfy the following eligibility criteria as mentioned below :-

1.Nationality :-
You must be a citizen of India.

2.Educational Qualification :-
You must have completed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university.

3.Age Limit :-
The minimum age required to appear for the IAS exam is 21 years whereas the maximum age is of 30 years. There is an age relaxation of 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates to appear for the IAS exam.

4.Physical Standards :-
You must be physically fit according to the physical standards mentioned in the notification issued by the UPSC for the civil services examination.

Selection Procedure :-
-->Preliminary Examination
-->Mains Examination
-->Personal Interview

No. of Attempts :-
-->General :- 4
-->OBC :- 7
-->SC/ST :- No Limit
27th June 2015, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Diploma in Nautical Science leading to B.Sc in Nautical Science is eligible for giving IAS exam?

What's the difference between bsc nautical science in degree and diploma and which one is considered better.....
19th December 2016, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

I am eligible to write CDS after completion of DNS leading to B.Sc in Nautical Science???
2nd September 2018, 05:40 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible for appearing degree exam after finishing 18 months sea time,dlp and all preparatory course for the 2nd mates exam?
Now i am doing 2nd mate exam before getting coc is it possible for appearing degree exam ?
13th October 2018, 05:16 AM
Unregistered

How to get bsc degree certificate after completing dns and 18 months sea service and after becoming 2nd mate
30th September 2019, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

Greeting sir, Can I have previous question paper of DNS Bsc nautical science degree paper for 3rd, 4th & 5th semester?
15th May 2020, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I am currently doing diploma in nautical science (DNS). After completion of 18 months on board 4 months university exam I will be awarded by a degree dns leading to bsc in nautical science. Then will I be capable enough to sit for government exams?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?