6th January 2015, 12:17 AM
Unregistered

Does KSOU college have AICTE, UGC and DEC approval for distance mode learning?

I am te to join the Diploma Mechanical course of KSOU in distance mode. I want to know the current status of the approvals for the distant Diploma courses of KSOU. Is it AICTE, UGC & DEC approved B-tech courses for distance mode or not

If yes can you able to share me the Approval doc,so that it is clear to all..

Related Questions:
6th January 2015, 03:27 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does KSOU college have AICTE, UGC and DEC approval for distance mode learning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am te to join the Diploma Mechanical course of KSOU in distance mode. I want to know the current status of the approvals for the distant Diploma courses of KSOU. Is it AICTE, UGC & DEC approved B-tech courses for distance mode or not

If yes can you able to share me the Approval doc,so that it is clear to all..
Karnataka State Open University was formally established on June 1, 1996 under the Karnataka State Open University Act of 1992.

Karnataka State Open University is approved by UGC. karnataka state open university( KSOU) is not approved by AICTE (All India council of technical education). Karnataka State Open University is approved by DEC .

DEC Approval Letter

The Karnataka State Open University has been recognized by the following organization -

1. The Distance Education Council (DEC) New Delhi.
2. Regular member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), Delhi.
3. Permanent member of Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) London UK.
4. Asian Association of Open Universities (AAOU), Beijing, China.
5. Commonwealth of Learning (COL).

For more details about KSOU, you can log onto the official website http://www.ksouedu.com/
Attached Files
File Type: pdf KSOU UGC APPROVAL.pdf(84.0 KB, 208 views)
3rd July 2019, 06:13 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Does KSOU college have AICTE, UGC and DEC approval for distance mode learning?

As per Hon. Supreme Court verdict on a writ petition filed by Prof. Yespal, Technical courses like Diploma/B. Tech which were conducted on ODL (Open Distance Learning) or correspondence either by University directly OR by collaborates are de-recognised wef 2005. Hundreds of thousands of students who possessed such Certificate were cheated by the Study Centres and Collaborates.

As of now these courses are not to be conducted on any pretext.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?