13th January 2016, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear in JEE Main for Diploma Chemical Engineer?

Hello Sir,
I have completed my Diploma in Chemical Engineering. So, can I give JEE Main? I don't know that I am eligible or not for JEE Main. Kindly tell me about this asap. Thank you in advance.

13th January 2016, 07:02 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in JEE Main for Diploma Chemical Engineer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,
I have completed my Diploma in Chemical Engineering. So, can I give JEE Main? I don't know that I am eligible or not for JEE Main. Kindly tell me about this asap. Thank you in advance.
Yes, you are eligible for JEE Main exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for JEE Main and Advanced. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates. You can apply consecutively for 3 years.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
13th January 2016, 07:11 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear in JEE Main examination after completion of your three years Diploma course in Chemical Engineering. To be eligible to appear in JEE Main examination, you must have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board. Since, you have not pursued 12th standard, being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to appear in JEE Main examination.
15th January 2016, 09:14 PM
Lonely♡

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination conducted by IIT in India.

Candidates who completed 12th with PCM are eligible for JEE main. But diploma is not equivalent to 12th.

So, you are not eligible for JEE main. But you can apply for B.Tech by lateral entry from another university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?