13th April 2023, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to apply for JEE Main directly after Diploma course?

Hi, I have completed my Diploma form IIT College and wish to appear for JEE Main entrance exam. But, I heard that I am not eligible. Is it true? Am I eligible to apply and write the JEE entrance exam? If not, then why? What other entrance exam options do I have?

14th April 2023, 07:56 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to apply for JEE Main directly after Diploma course?

Being a Diploma in Engineering degree holder, you are eligible for appearing in JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) but only for admission only in IITs (Indian Institute of Technology) to pursue B.E./B.Tech. degree course as NITs and other CFTIs does not allow diploma holders for admission to B.E./B.Tech.

Also, the selection process for admission to IITs and syllabus for JEE will be same for diploma in engineering degree holders as it is for regular Class 12th passed student.

For complete details regarding JEE Main, you can refer to the link https://jeemain.nta.nic.in while for details regarding JEE Advanced, you can refer to the link www.jeeadv.ac.in.
15th April 2023, 12:15 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can definitely appear in JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) after your Diploma in an Engineering degree course for admission to IITs in order to pursue B.E./B.Tech. .

Further, JEE comprises of two stages namely JEE Main and JEE Advanced and to get into IITs, you will be required to qualify both the stages of JEE.

For detailed information regarding the syllabus and examination pattern of both the stages of JEE, you can refer to their respective official website https://jeemain.nta.nic.in/ and https://jeeadv.ac.in/.
15th April 2023, 02:36 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

After completing Diploma in Engineering graduates can apply for the JEE MAINS exam. You have to strengthen your knowledge in Physics, Chemistry and most importantly in Mathematics. Only passing the JEE MAINS cannot grab your admissions in Engineering colleges. You have to excel in both JEE MAINS and ADVANCED.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?