6th December 2016, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for JEE Main exam after completing Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering from SBTET, Telangana? What is the minimum marks required in Diploma to apply for JEE Main exam?

Respected Sir, I have completed Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering from SBTET, Telangana. Now I want to apply for JEE Main exam so I want to know am I eligible to apply for JEE Main exam after completing Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering? Tell me the minimum marks required for Diploma candidates to write JEE Main? Please answer as soon as possible.

14th December 2016, 03:54 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for JEE Main exam after completing Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering from SBTET, Telangana? What is the minimum marks required in Diploma to apply for JEE Main exam?

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination which is a national level engineering entrance examination held for admission in undergraduate technical course i.e; B.Tech / B.Arch in various engineering colleges including CFTI's ( Centrall Funded Institutes of Technology ) like IIT, NIT, IIIT, ISM etc.

The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in JEE Main is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as your amin subjects from a recognized university. Also for admission in CFTI's your aggregate must be at least 75% or you must lie among the top 20 percentile candidate of your respective board of examination. Students having equivalent degree or pursuing final year of same are also eligible.

Being a Diploma degree holder you are eligible for appearing in JEE Main but you are not eligible for admission in CFTI's as for admission in these are based on JEE Rank which is based on the percentile score of student in his/her board examination which will not be available in your case.

For more details and FAQs related to JEE you can log on to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
10th June 2017, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for JEE Main exam after completing Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering from SBTET, Telangana? What is the minimum marks required in Diploma to apply for JEE Main exam?

I have passed class 12 this year 2017 I m going to do diploma so after 3 years of diploma I will be eligible for giving jee mains paper
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?