23rd January 2019, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to study BTech in IIT for Diploma Electrical student?

Respected Sir/Madam, I am studying in Diploma with Electrical Engineering. After completing my Diploma, I want to study BTech in IIT. So, is it possible for me to study in IIT after my Diploma? Please tell me about this asap.

28th January 2019, 10:04 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study BTech in IIT for Diploma Electrical student?

You cannot join IITs after completing your 3 year diploma course.This is because IITs does not offers lateral entry admissions for diploma holders.
Only those candidates are eligible who had completed their 12th with PCM.
30th January 2019, 04:15 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

As you are going to complete your IIT diploma in electrical trade, so you are not eligible to pursue BTech now because minimum qualification required to pursue B.Tech course is 12th standard with PCM or Polytechnic Diploma in electrical engineering.
I would like to suggest you that after completion of IIT diploma in electrical trade you will have to complete your polytechnic diploma in Electrical Engineering and after that you will be eligible to pursue BTech in electrical engineering.
30th January 2019, 11:14 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

1. As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to get admission in B.Tech course in IIT after completing Diploma course.

2. In IIT college, the admission of the candidate will be done on the basis of JEE main and JEE advanced examination.

3. For the application of JEE examination, the candidate should have passed 12th class in science stream from a recognized board.

4. The minimum age of the candidate should be 17 years.
31st May 2023, 10:28 PM
Nikhil202k
Banned

Yes, it is possible for a student with a Diploma in Electrical Engineering to pursue a Bachelor of Technology (BTech) degree in an Indian Institute of Technology (IIT). IITs are renowned institutions for engineering education in India, and they offer BTech programs in various disciplines, including Electrical Engineering.

To transition from a Diploma in Electrical Engineering to a BTech program in an IIT, you would typically need to follow these steps:

Complete your Diploma in Electrical Engineering: Ensure that you successfully complete your diploma program in Electrical Engineering and obtain the necessary certification.

Meet the eligibility criteria: Each IIT has its own eligibility criteria for admission to their BTech programs. These criteria usually include a combination of academic performance, entrance examination scores, and other factors. Typically, a minimum percentage or grade requirement in your diploma program is expected.

Apply for admission: After achieving a qualifying score in the JEE and meeting the eligibility criteria, you can apply for admission to the BTech program at the IITs. The application process typically involves filling out an online application form, submitting relevant documents, and paying the application fee.

Seat allotment and counseling: Based on your JEE score and the availability of seats, the IITs conduct counseling and seat allotment processes to assign seats to eligible candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?