5th July 2019, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to study BTech(Electrical and Electronics Engineering) for Diploma Electrical student?

Friends, I am doing Diploma in Electrical Engineering. After completing this Diploma course I want to do BTech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. I don’t know the procedure. So, is it possible for me to do BTech in this specialization?

8th July 2019, 01:29 PM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study BTech(Electrical and Electronics Engineering) for Diploma Electrical student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Friends, I am doing Diploma in Electrical Engineering. After completing this Diploma course I want to do BTech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. I don’t know the procedure. So, is it possible for me to do BTech in this specialization?

Possibility to study BTech (Electrical and Electronics Engineering) is high for the Diploma in Electrical Engineering student. Students who have passed the Diploma in Electrical Engineering course can study BTech (Electrical and Electronics Engineering) course through lateral entry admission. They have to appear for the lateral entry entrance examination and based on the rank obtained in the examination, they are admitted to the BTech (Electrical and Electronics Engineering) course. Shortlisted students are admitted directly to the second year of the BTech (Electrical and Electronics Engineering) course.
8th July 2019, 07:10 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study BTech(Electrical and Electronics Engineering) for Diploma Electrical student?

Yes, you can surely apply for admission in BTech electronics and electrical engineering on the basis of your diploma in electrical engineering. Just make sure you have got the diploma from a recognised polytechnic institute.

You can get admission in the 2nd year through lateral entry engineering entrance exam or you can also appear for JEE Main which is a good option only for the first-year admission in BTech degree.
9th July 2019, 11:29 PM
EducationConsultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, of course, you can study B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering after Diploma course. Being a Diploma student you can join B.Tech through lateral entry, which means you can directly eligible to join in 2nd year B.Tech. To get join B.Tech through the lateral entry you have to appear and qualify in the lateral entry entrance examination and the admission will be based on the rank obtained in the examination. Only shortlisted candidates are admitted to B.Tech through directly lateral entry.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?