7th July 2015, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech(CSE) for Computer Engineering Diploma student of PTU?

Respected Sir,
I am doing Diploma in Computer Engineering from PTU. I want to get admission in B.Tech CSE in 2nd year. Is this possible for me or not after my Diploma course?

Related Questions:
  1. How to get admission in computer engineering after scoring 63.48 in computer science diploma?
  2. Can I get admission in 2nd year of B.E.(Electrical Engineering) if completed Diploma in Computer Engineering?
  3. PTU M.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering 2nd Sem- Digital Image Processing Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
  4. How to take admission in B.Tech in SLIET? I am a student of diploma computer engineering -- [Most Discussed]
  5. What kind of Jobs I can get being a candidate of 2nd year Diploma in Computer Engineering?
  6. How to take admission in 2nd year engineering? I am a student of diploma in Bihar
  7. Does colleges which comes under government category provide admission for diploma students in 2nd year through lateral entry?
  8. Can I get admission in 2nd year in Aeronautical Engineering after passing computer engineering diploma?
  9. Can I get admission in direct 2nd year in mechanical engineering after completing diploma in computer engineering?
  10. Admission in 2nd year of Agriculture Diploma for 12th Computer Science student?
  11. Can I get admission in IIT college for B.Tech 2nd year after completing my diploma in computer engineering
  12. Is it possible to get admission for TET in 3rd year Engineering after completion of diploma course?
  13. How can I get information regarding the admission after discontinue of diploma studies?
  14. PTU M.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering 2nd Sem Software Engineering Methodologies (CS 514) Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
  15. How to get admission in B.Coma after completing diploma computer engineering course from Technical Education Board Gujarat
  16. From Diploma EC to Degree Computer/IT is possible? Details about the new rule at GTU regarding change of stream?
  17. How to get 2nd year admission in IIT after diploma in computer science and engineering?
  18. Is it possible for me to do BCA course after completion of diploma in Computer engineering?
8th July 2015, 02:35 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech(CSE) for Computer Engineering Diploma student of PTU?

Yes, PTU is a recognized technical University and you are definitely eligible for lateral entry admission if you get a good rank. There is lateral entry exam for admission in 2nd year of B.Tech course and if you have diploma in engineering qualification which is of 3 years then you can apply for it.

Hence, if you have completed your Diploma course then be prepared for the entrance exam which is mostly conducted the state technical university. Some of the examples of lateral entry exams are JELET, UPSEE, DET, LEET etc. Therefore, be prepared for it.
8th July 2015, 08:37 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech(CSE) for Computer Engineering Diploma student of PTU?

Yes, you can get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech(CSE) course after completing your diploma course in Computer Engineering. To get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech(CSE) course, you have to appear for PTU LEET exam, which is conducted in your state. If you qualify in such exam, then you will get direct admission in 2nd year of B.Tech(CSE) course in any college, depending upon your rank in PTU LEET exam.
8th July 2015, 08:44 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech course after completion of your three years Diploma course from PTU. To get admission in second year of B.Tech course after completion of your three years Diploma course, you need to appear in Lateral Entry examinations like LEET/ECET/JELET examinations which is conducted by your respective state entrance examinations board. By qualifying the entrance examination, based upon your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college and you can get admission in second year of four years B.Tech course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?