5th February 2015, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

Suitable stream in Diploma for ITI Electrician?

Dear sir.
I am completed the iti in electrician at karnataka in uttara kannada district i got there 75% so what is the suitable course in diploma, pls ansh me sir.

6th February 2015, 06:48 PM
anair

Default Re: Suitable stream in Diploma for ITI Electrician?

Your score of 75% is certainly a good score and you are eligible to go for a Diploma course.

Since your line of study has been electrical related you should continue your higher studies in the similar stream.

Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication, Electrical and Electronics Engineering are 3 most commonly selected courses. All 3 of them offer good opportunities and pretty popular.
Electronics(Microprocessor) is also a good course and Diploma holders in this subject are highly needed in the industry.
Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering is another popular course.
Instrumentation Technology is also a good course that you can think about.

Don't hurry into selecting a course, think about where your interest really lies and then choose.
7th February 2015, 01:57 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Suitable stream in Diploma for ITI Electrician?

You can apply for Diploma in ECE stream if you have done ITI in Electrician. This stream will suit your skills as you are already familiar with it. You have to apply for Polytechnic entrance exam for getting admission in the Diploma course. As an ITI holder you will be eligible for lateral entry admission in the 2nd year of the Diploma course of the same stream.

The rank you manage in the entrance exam will decide whether you will get admission in a top Polytechnic or not. Therefore, you have to be really well prepared, specially, if you are looking to get admission in a Government polytechnic institute.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?