7th February 2014, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

UGC NET after PGDM is possible or not?

Hello

I have done my PGDM from an AICTE approved Institute. Am i eligible for appearing in UGC NET? Just tell me if it is possible or not?

12th February 2014, 07:22 AM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: UGC NET after PGDM is possible or not?

As you are telling that you have done your PGDM from AICTE ,no doubt at all.You can surely apply for the NET National Eligibility Test conducted by the University Grants Commission.The PGDM Course from the AICTE or some from recognized university is very very valuable.Generally the basic qualification is a Minimum of Bachelor Degree.So since you have completed your PGDM Course,I think you may for that course.

You must be an Indian Citizen to be eligible for this.The maximum age for the Junior Research Fellowship is the 28 years and similarly there is no upper age limit for the Lectureship.The good news for the reserved candidates is that there is a 5 years of age relaxation.You must have pursued the Masters degree basically.So since the PGDM Course is treated as the Masters degree you can go for that option.

For joining as a Lecturer or for Junior Research fellowship,the minimum entrance is through NET Exam.So NET Exam is very compulsory for the candidates even with the Ph.D.If you find time still then you can go for the masters degree to avoid the difficulty.So that you can attain a good qualification and good range of salaries in your career.Make sure you meet the above all the eligibility criterias.
20th February 2015, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

I have done pgdm in HR From Sinhgad Institute of Management , Which is AICTE approved College but it is not Mentioned in my Result so that am i eligible for PHD or Not
21st February 2015, 09:48 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello

I have done my PGDM from an AICTE approved Institute. Am i eligible for appearing in UGC NET? Just tell me if it is possible or not?
No, PGDM course is not eligible for UGC NET exam.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.

For more details about NET exam click on the official link http://www.ugc.ac.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?