1st December 2016, 11:28 AM
Unregistered

What are the possibilities of getting admission in IIT or NIT after completion of diploma?

What are the possibilities of getting admission in IIT or NIT after completion of diploma? Can you please give me the eligibility criteria which are needed to apply for the colleges? It will be really helpful if you can answer me soon on the same. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. How to join NIT and IIT after completion of diploma coruse? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Am I eligible to get admission in IIT or NIT after completion of diploma in mechanical branch?
  3. How to study Electronics in IIT/NIT for a candidate after completion of Diploma in Embedded Systems?
  4. Am I eligible for getting admission in IIT or NIT after completion of diploma course in mechanical branch?
  5. What is the basic eligibility criteria required to join in IIT or NIT? Can I join after completion of diploma course in Mechanical branch?
  6. What should I do for admission in IITs and NITs after Diploma?
  7. Process of getting admission in IITs after completing diploma?
  8. Am I eligible to get direct 2nd year admission in NIT or IIT after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  9. Is there any exam conducted by NITs and IIT for Diploma students? Admission process for Diploma holders?
  10. Possibilities of doing Diploma in Welding after ITI completion?
  11. Is it really possible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course?
  12. How to do diploma in NIT after completion of Class 10th?
  13. Can I get admission in NIT after completion of diploma course?
  14. Am I eligible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma in civil engineering?
  15. List of colleges from where I can do M.Tech?
  16. Is it possible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course?
  17. Can I take the admission in IIT after diploma? What is the eligibility criteria followed for the same?
  18. Am I eligible to take admission in I.I.T after completion of diploma course?
1st December 2016, 07:04 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the possibilities of getting admission in IIT or NIT after completion of diploma?

After completion of your three years Diploma course, you can get admission in IIT, but you are not eligible to get admission in NIT. NITs does not offers admissions to candidates who have completed Diploma course. To get admission in IIT, you have to appear, qualify and secure good rank in JEE Main and JEE Advanced examinations. Your JEE Main examination score and rank can't be used to apply for admission in NIT. By qualifying and securing good rank in JEE Advanced examination, you can get admission in NIT.
1st December 2016, 11:38 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the possibilities of getting admission in IIT or NIT after completion of diploma?

I am sorry to say that, it is not possible to get admission in IITs or NITs after the completion of Diploma course as there is no such provision for it. IITs does not allow any kind of direct admission in the second year of the B.Tech course. Candidates must have to complete class 12th in Science stream and then must have to qualify in the IIT-JEE examination in order to get admission under IIT.
2nd December 2016, 08:01 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

As you are done with Diploma in Engineering, you are required to pursue B.Tech/ B.E from a recognized university. But there are chances of getting admission in IIT's or NIT's to pursue B.E/ B.Tech after completion of Diploma course. For this you are required to appear in an Entrance Examination which will fetch you to get admission into several IIT's or National Institute of Technologies as seats will be filled according to the merit marks in the written examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?