22nd July 2017, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

Will I be eligible for lateral entrance, on the basis of technical high school?

I am studying in 10th. I am going to diploma directly because I studied in technical high school after the diploma whether, am I eligible for the lateral entrance?

23rd July 2017, 12:09 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Will I be eligible for lateral entrance, on the basis of technical high school?

Sorry to inform you that you are not eligible to get lateral entry to the diploma course after completing 10th standard.
A candidate who have completed 10+2 with stream (PCM) or who have completed 2 years of ITI course is eligible to get direct admission in second year of three years diploma course.
Some colleges/universities provide direct admission in 2nd year of diploma course on the basis of marks secured by candidates in 12th standard board examination, however some colleges/universities conduct entrance test and offer admission to those candidates who have scored good marks in the entrance test.
23rd July 2017, 04:45 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Will I be eligible for lateral entrance, on the basis of technical high school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am studying in 10th. I am going to diploma directly because I studied in technical high school after the diploma whether, am I eligible for the lateral entrance?
Sorry, you are not able to apply for the diploma through lateral entry because for lateral entry scheme candidate must have done 12th minimum from govt. recognized board in science stream with PCM subjects.

:- You can apply for diploma after 10th but not through lateral entry but You have to start your diploma from first year so here below are some details regarding diploma after 10th.

DIFFERENT DIPLOMA COURSES WHERE YOU CAN APPLY AFTER 10TH:-

1). Diploma in mechanical engineering.
>> Eligibility to apply is 10th.
>> Duration of course is 3 years which are divided into 6 semesters.

2). Diploma in Electronics and communication engineering.
>> Minimum qualification required to apply is 10th.
>> Duration of course is 3 years which includes 6 semesters.

3). Diploma in civil engineering.
>> Qualification required is 10th.
>> Duration of course is 3 years.

4). Diploma in software engineering.
>> Qualification needed is 10th.
>> Duration of diploma is 3 years.

5). Diploma in mechanical engineering.
>> Duration of course is 3 years.

6). Diploma in chemical engineering.
>> Minimum qualification needed is 10th.
>> Duration of course is 10th.

7). Diploma in business administration.
>> Duration of diploma is years.

8). Diploma in dental mechanics.
>> Duration of course 2 years.

So these are the major fields where you can apply to do diploma.
24th July 2017, 11:09 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

You , are not eligible to get admission through lateral entry in diploma. To get lateral entry in diploma a candidate must be 12th password with physics, chemistry and maths as the main subjects.
You will get admission in diploma but you would get admission in 1st year because you are 10th passed student.
If you want lateral entry than you have to complete class 12ty first. After that you will get admission through lateral entry.
Following are the streams in diploma-
Electronics,
Electrical,
Mechanical,
Interior design,
Fashion design, etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?