27th December 2022, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

Can I get education loan if have 6 backlogs?

I'm studying BE mech final year, im studying by took loan by canara bank,now they didn't give me because of my 6 arrears

28th December 2022, 08:32 AM
Shantanubose22

Default Re: Can I get education loan if have 6 backlogs?

No, Bank will not give you loan with backlog. If you clear the backlog and provide valuable security, you can get the loan. If private banks don't provide loans, try SBI or public sector banks.
28th December 2022, 08:59 PM
Aiman Afifa
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will get Education loan if you have 6 backlogs.

First ,you will need to complete BE and then secure admission in MTech degree , then you will be eligible to apply for the education loan.
29th December 2022, 02:31 AM
Crenchekids
Senior Member+++++

Bank provides loan for meritorious and deserving candidates. You can apply for education loan to complete your education. However, it is not clear if it will be approved or not as every bank has their own guidelines for loan eligibility. You can visit the bank from which you want to take the loan for clear picture.
29th December 2022, 11:06 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

As you are having six arrears in your degree course, so bank can put your disbursement of the education loan amount covering the expense of subsequent academic years on hold, as for the continuation of timely disbursement of the loan amount, the applicant's performance in the previous semester/year should be satisfactory i.e; applicant must be clearing all his papers of previous semesters.

But, you can still talk to your concerned bank manager with a valid reason for your poor performance and assurance that your performance will be satisfactory in the upcoming semesters and you will clear your backlogs through the supplementary examinations at the earliest and hope he/she agree to disburse the loan amount otherwise you will have to pay the fee of final year from your side.
29th December 2022, 03:10 PM
Ayesha baig
Senior Member+++++

Yes, Ofcourse you will get an education loan if you have 6 backlogs.

But if you have 3 backlogs then many banks deny education loan.
29th December 2022, 07:22 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

First of all, you need to complete the degree, then you will eligible to apply for the education loan. Just make sure you secure admission in recognised engineering college. Just clear the backlogs and complete the degree first.
You will need a guarantor to apply for the education loan. Just make sure someone is ready to support your education loan application.
29th December 2022, 10:10 PM
Muskan 0786
Senior Member++

Having 3 backlogs you can't get a education and but ,as you mentioned you have 6 backlogs then you will get a education loan.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?