29th January 2017, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

Can a minor apply for an education loan at SBI worth rupees 10 lakh if have two lands in Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh?

Hello sir, I have no parents except care taker and I am a minor. I have two lands in Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh. Please tell me can I apply for an education loan at SBI worth 10 lakh?

31st January 2017, 07:53 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a minor apply for an education loan at SBI worth rupees 10 lakh if have two lands in Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh?

Yes, a minor can apply for education loan for higher studies. However, there has to be a co-borrower along with you who should not be a minor. Even though you have lands and can take education loan by mortgaging them, still the bank will require a co-borrower and a third party guarantor for your education loan. It is one of the mandatory clause of education loan scheme and you need to abide by it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?