12th July 2016, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

What is I-20 Form in Education Loan? Why it is necessary to fill up to study in United States?

Hi Everyone,
I am planning to pursue my further education in United States. I will take an Education Loan from Bank and searched alot of it. But I couldn't understand about the I-20 Form for US applicants. I came to know that I have to fillup I-20 form for applying an Education Loan if I want to study in United States. Can I know what is I-20 form? Why it is necessary?

15th July 2016, 04:29 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is I-20 Form in Education Loan? Why it is necessary to fill up to study in United States?

I-20 form is nothing but an admission letter which is sent to you by the Abroad University. To get an Education loan from any bank for pursuing your higher studies in Abroad, you have to submit a photo copy of your I-20 along with other documents required to get Education loan. So, if you have received an I-20 (admission letter) from the Abroad University, you can show it as a Admission proof for getting an Education loan.
15th July 2016, 10:05 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is I-20 Form in Education Loan? Why it is necessary to fill up to study in United States?

Yes, you are right that I-20 form is required for admission in United States of America and for getting education loan. It is a proof of your admission chance in US university. This is issued by the US university which you need to show the bank for education loan and it also serves an important document for getting visa.
16th July 2016, 12:48 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

There is no need to worry nothing about I-20 form. I-20 form is an Admission letter that is sent by the Abroad university confirming your admission to Graduation course.

Bank will ask you to submit an I-20 as an admission proof to sanction your Education loan. If you have not received I-20 from the university, that indicates that you have not secured admission in the Abroad University and Bank will not offer you an Education loan.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?