30th October 2015, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

Whether scholarship is provided every month after qualifying in GATE or not?

Hello Sir,

I have qualified in GATE for M.Tech course and secure position for scholarship. Will i get the scholarship every month? Please let me know about this asap.

30th October 2015, 10:26 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether scholarship is provided every month after qualifying in GATE or not?

Actually it is not a scholarship but a stipend given to the candidates who qualify for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering exam for the M.Tech courses.

Candidates who qualify the GATE exam will receive a stipend of Rs 12,800 for the entire Master of Technology course from any recognized university.

So, try to clear the cut off marks for the GATE exam which is between 20-30 marks every year for the various streams of engineering.
30th October 2015, 11:49 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether scholarship is provided every month after qualifying in GATE or not?

Yes, you can avail scholarship/ stipend every month.

All the GATE qualified candidates who are eligible to seek stipend will receive scholarship every month for a period of 2 years.
31st October 2015, 06:32 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

If you qualify the GATE exam with enough score that you are eligible for the scholarship then you simply have to see below given details about the scholarship amount.

Here is the Scholarship Details :

Amount of the scholarship.

Course Value

** ME/ M.Tech/ M.Arch/ M.Pharm: Rs.5000 pm

** PhD : With M.Tech Rs.9500 pm

** Without M.Tech Rs.8000 pm

So if you are planning to pursue M.Tech after qualifying GATE then you will get a scholarship of worth 5000 rupees per month.
31st October 2015, 05:08 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

First of all I congratulated you for qualifying GATE exam. Yes, definitely you will get scholarship/stipend every month.

Following are the eligibility for getting the scholarship/ stipend:

--student must get admission in M.tech program through GATE score in any AICTE approved institutions across the country.

--After getting admission you will get a Student ID and college Id from the college authority. By using these ID you have to fill an online form regarding your basic details, academic details and bank details etc.

--After submitting, it will be verified by your college authority.

--Then after your monthly attendance will be uploaded into AICTE website which is done by your college authority.

--Then after you will get monthly stipend of 12400 every month.

**Note The most important thing is that you have to maintain a regular attendance in the class too for regularity of the scholarship/ stipend.
31st October 2015, 06:47 PM
ant man

GATE stands for Graduate aptitude test for engineering

GATE is conducted for giving admission in M.Tech and to apply for jobs in PSU's.

After getting admission in M.Tech through GATE in the government universities you can get a scholarship of rs 12,400/- every month.

The scholarship amount you can get will depend on the GATE rank you scored.

All the universities which are state owned and private universities provide scholarship every month till you complete M.Tech course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?