23rd March 2016, 12:35 AM
Unregistered

Why the interest rates are fluctuating higher when I had applied for an Education Loan on Fixed Rates?

Dear Friends,
I have taken an Education Loan of Rs. 9.5 Lacs for my daughter to study Abroad from Andhra Bank. While signing the documents we were asked to get an Education Loan on Fixed Rate or Floating Rate. We were accepted Fixed rates. But the interest rates is becoming higher day by day. I don't know why. I have discussed this issue with the Branch Manager. But I couldn't understand his words. Kindly help me.

Related Questions:
  1. Which one should I choose among Fixed and Floating Interest Rates in Bank Education Loan?
  2. Why I have to repay with higher interest rate if opted for Fixed rate to study in Abroad through Education Loan provided by Indian Bank? Is there any Norms of RBI related to Fixed/Floating Interest Rates for Nationalized Banks?
  3. Is there any curriculum of RBI in Fixed and Floating Interest rates for Nationalized Banks?
  4. Which Bank offered cheapest Interest rates against Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs? Which is among Floating and Fixed interest rates better if want to repay before 1 year completing of education?
  5. Which Bank offer cheapest Interest rates against Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs? Which is among Floating and Fixed interest rates better if want to repay before 1 year completing of education?
  6. What does the moratorium periods means for interest rates in education loan?
  7. List of Banks along with the with Interest rates offering Education Loan to study B.Tech?
  8. Interest rates set by RBI for Education Loan?
  9. Interest rates of all Banks are same to study in UK?
  10. Whether rate of interest against an Education Loan is same for all Banks? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Rate of Interest scheme against Bank Education Loan to study BDS? Process of recovery?
  12. Can I get exemption in Interest rates of Bank Education Loan to study B.Tech being a ST candidate?
  13. What does Moratorium periods means for interest rates?
  14. How can I apply to get Education Loan from Indian Bank to study B.Tech? Interest rates charges against Education Loan?
  15. How much amount I will get in Bank Education Loan to study MS in UK? Interest rates charges against Education Loan?
  16. List of Banks which offer Education Loan of Rs. 7 Lacs to study M.Pharmacy course? Interest rates charge against Education Loan?
  17. Detailed information about Bank interest rates scheme against an Education Loan to study Abroad?
  18. Detailed information and interest rates charged against Education Loan of Rs. 3.5 Lacs for study MBA?
25th March 2016, 10:21 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Why the interest rates are fluctuating higher when I had applied for an Education Loan on Fixed Rates?

There is no such clause as fixed interest in the education loan. Even though you chose fixed interest rate, there will be a certain portion of the interest rate which will be fluctuating. Hence your interest rates are fluctuating. This is because in the fixed rate of interest, the bank assures you of a certain rate of interest irrespective of bank's performance and policies. However, there is a certain percentage in that interest rate which is governed by Reserve Bank of India and this fluctuates from time to time as per market's conditions and Indian economy. If this increases, the interest rate is bound to increase and you need to comply with the higher interest rate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?