16th August 2018, 05:19 PM
meivinay

Is 12th qualification required for getting bank jobs?

I have done Polytechnic 3 years Diploma in Computer Science after 10th from CBSE board and after that I had done B.Tech with lateral entry that is I got admission in B.Tech 2nd year on the basis of my Polytechnic. So, am I applicable to get a bank jobs? I know IBPS etc. ask for graduation which I have already done but I don't have any 12th mark sheet. So, is 12th necessary for bank jobs even if I have done my B.Tech with above 65%?

18th August 2018, 05:09 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is 12th qualification required for getting bank jobs?

The minimum education required for appearing in bank examinations is a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Marks and stream of academics is not considered for deciding the eligibility for appearing in the same examination.

So, being a B.Tech degree holder, you are eligible for getting bank jobs as a bank clerk and bank Probationary officer as B.Tech degree through lateral entry is equivalent to B.Tech degree after Class 12th.

For more details regarding IBPS bank examinations, you can visit the link www.ibps.in while for details regarding SBI bank examinations, you can visit the link www.sbi.co.in.
18th August 2018, 05:38 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to get job in banks after B.Tech course. So, you can continue the preparation for entrance examination.

The common eligibility to appear in entrance examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. There is no minimum aggregate or discipline to appear in examination.

It is not necessary to have 12th qualification to appear in examination. Examination is conducted by IBPS and SBI for selection in nationalised bank.
19th August 2018, 09:17 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

No, 12th is not necessary to apply for Bank jobs. Only graduation is required.

As you have done graduation course i.e. engineering so you can apply for IBPS exam, SBI PO exam, ICICI PO exam and other bank exams.

To qualify any bank exam, you will have to face these sections. So, you must prepare these sections thoroughly before appearing in any bank exam.
  • Reasoning
  • English Language
  • Numerical Ability
  • General Awareness
  • Computer Knowledge
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?