30th September 2010, 11:09 AM
sachinsharma
Member+

Default Re: Mechanical engineering in IIT after diploma in mechanical engineering?

if u have take addmission in dipolma after 12th in pcm then u have easily go in iit.

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to study in IIT for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
  2. Admission procedure to study B.E.(Mechanical Engineering) in IIT for a Diploma holder?
  3. Can I get admission in IIT after completing my Diploma Mechanical Engineering in A.Y.Dadabhai college?
  4. How can I get admission in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  5. How to do bachelor of engineering after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering? CET question papers for mechanical engineering?
  6. How can I get admission to study B.Tech in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering on 12th basis?
  7. What should I do after completing diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  8. Last 6 year papers of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  9. Can i do correspondence B.E Mechanical Engineering after doing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  10. Which courses can I pursue after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? Can I get admission in IIT and which exam do I have to appear for admission?
  11. Is diploma in automobile equivalent to mechanical in PSU?
  12. Can I take admission in NIT if I am a student of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  13. Am I eligible to join Diploma in Mechanical Engineering after completion of 10th Class? How much salary offered for the candidate after completion of this course?
  14. Am I eligible for IIT JEE Exam after completing diploma in Mechanical engineering in 4 years?
  15. Is it possible to get admission in IIT after completing 3 years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course?
  16. In which entrance exam I have to appear to study B.Tech(ME) in IIT being a Diploma student? Procedure to apply?
  17. Should I go for Diploma to Degree in Mechanical or Engineering in Mechanical after completion of 10+2 to become IAS Officer?
  18. Can I do B.Tech course in USA after completing Mechanical Engineering diploma course?
30th September 2010, 12:19 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Mechanical engineering in IIT after diploma in mechanical engineering?

actually there is no lateral entry scheme in IIT. so you can not enter into IIT after your diploma in mechanical engineering through lateral entry.

if you want to do mechanical engineering the you have to give IIT entrance examination. if you qualify then only you can take admission.
best of luck.
30th September 2010, 05:19 PM
mohit brh

you can take admission in IIT by qualifying entrance exam and than you can take admission but firstly you should complete your diploma and after that you are eligible to apply for IIT-JEE.
but this is very late entry in IIT and there is only 2 attempt for you. so you can complete B.Tech from other colleges in which you can take admission in 2nd year.
30th September 2010, 07:16 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have done diploma in mechanical after 10 now i m doing btech in mechanical can i go for GATE???pls tell me
yes,
you can write gate exam in third and final year of your engineering,
you have to clear your graduation,and your age should be below thirty years
all the best
15th October 2010, 07:06 PM
mseetharamster

To join B.Tech in IIT after diploma, you must clear IIT-JEE along with all students.

And there will be no lateral admission and you must join in first year.
15th October 2010, 11:15 PM
vik111

Dear,

NO you won't get admission directly for 2nd year.The IIT-JEE exam consists of 2 papers of 3 hour duration each having three sections-physics,chemistry and maths on the same day.The format is objective type having different forms of objective questions.syallabus is basically PCM(11th and 12th) of cbse but level of questions is far higher than other exams.

all the best
16th October 2010, 12:18 AM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Mechanical engineering in IIT after diploma in mechanical engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIPANSHU JAGGA View Post
I want to do IIT in mechanical engineering after diploma in mechanical engineering. now i am in 2nd year in diploma. tell me if when I can give IIT entrance exam & how? plz tell me with full discription?
dear friend,

first clear it there is no lateral entry.so you need to start from 1st year.and admission through IIT-JEE.

for IIT-JEE search on the web you will find it easily.

good luck.
16th October 2010, 12:23 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
I want to do IIT in mechanical engineering after diploma in mechanical engineering. now i am in 2nd year in diploma. tell me if when I can give IIT entrance exam & how? plz tell me with full discription?
dear friend,
there is no lateral entry provision in iit so you will have to give iit jee exam and take admission in first year. The forms of iit will be available in october or november. You can buy them from any book shop at the cost of rs 1000. It is a very tough exam and needs a lot of concentration and hardwork.
27th October 2010, 09:22 PM
mseetharamster

You have to give IIT-JEE for joining in IIT, you can do that in your final year.
There would not be any later entry.
12th December 2010, 07:03 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Yes of course you can go through the IIT JEE/AIEEE and other such competitive exams like EAMCET,MHCET and other such CET of various states.

If you wish to apply for IIT then you can visit the following link about the availability of forms

http://www.iitg.ac.in/jee/

Please go through the link.

all the best
13th December 2010, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

I am student of 3rd year diploma in mecanical. what is the syllabus for iit jee entrance exam for me.
14th December 2010, 10:25 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

hi!

As far as i know IIT do not have lateral entry scheme. It means you can not get direct entry in btech 3rd year course of IIT after passing diploma in mechanical engineering.

For studying btech in mechanical engineering you will have to successfully pass IIT JEE.
The eligibility of IITJEE for diploma students is that they must secure at least 60% marks.
31st December 2010, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

can i get admission to iit after completing diploma in electronics & telecommunication engineering
4th January 2011, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

hiii...
i m akhil sharma.
i m a diploma student from mechanical streem.
i want to do b.tech in mechanical engg.
what i can do..??
please sugest me...!!!
12th January 2011, 05:31 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Wink Re: Mechanical engineering in IIT after diploma in mechanical engineering?

Quote:
Dear friend,
After your diploma course you can join for b.tech 2 year course with your stream...
13th February 2011, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what is the syllabus for diploma students for entrance exam?plz reply
what is the syllabus for diploma students for entrance exam?
23rd March 2011, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

I have completed 2 semesters of mechanical engineering (diploma course ). can I join iit at this moment ?
30th March 2011, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

i had passed my 10th class in Punjab board and diploma in mechanical engineering in lovely professional university but i don't study in 12th class. can i take admission in iit be-teach 2nd year ?
22nd April 2011, 11:44 PM
jai babe ki

HI,

Yes of-course you can give your IIT Entrance Exam since the eligibility for answering IIT JEE for diploma candidates is that they should have passed their 3 years diploma from an AICTE recognized college.

you can get info about it on various iit website . one such is ..
www.iitd.ac.in (delhi)
1st May 2011, 12:47 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

there is no any problem,
you can do b.tech in mechanical engineering after your diploma course.
but for this you have to give the exam of iit jee,
and after qualifying the exam you can take admission in iit .
2nd May 2011, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

dear i have done 4 year advance diploma in tool and die making in mechanical and now i want to done graduation please guide me....?
2nd May 2011, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

but now i m doing job so can i do b.tec part time
9th May 2011, 11:45 PM
Unregistered

sir, diplma in mechanical engeneer gents which age limite
31st May 2011, 06:22 PM
foreturner
Senior Member+

IIT's take admission through

IIT-JEE. It is considered to be the most tough exam

in the country.

If you want to do mechanical engineering from IITs you need to crack

iit with good rank.under 200 rank
26th June 2011, 12:10 AM
Unregistered

Now I read Diploma in Mechanical Engg. from a Govt. Institute,My 1st,2nd,3rd sem result is 61.4%,79.0%,72.6%.I try my best the number take between 75%-85%
My Secondary exam percentage is 63%.I am not completed in H.S. I admitted in Diploma after completing class Eleven in Science.
,My Caste is O.B.C.
Please tell me after completing Diploma in which line I go for best my future.
I am not fluently in Speaking in English. I want to read in B.Tech.
Please tell me quickly.
3rd July 2011, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

Hi friends, I have completed my Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. What are the prospects for higher education. Can I opt for MEng in Mechanics ?
21st July 2011, 11:14 AM
Unregistered

AGE LIMIT FOR IIT?IF I HAVE DONE DIPLOMA IN MECHANICAL
3rd August 2011, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

i had completed my 12th after that i had given iit bt i was unable to crack that. after that i had taken admission to diploma. will i be able to give iit-jee after completing diploma???
10th August 2011, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

when iit take entrance for after completion of diploma
30th August 2011, 05:37 PM
Unregistered

I am in 5th semester of diploma mechanical engg. I want to do further study in this line. Which courses are available for me. Also I want to do my own business & so that is there any couses aftger diploma mechanical engineering ? Pl. guide me
30th August 2011, 07:42 PM
dhruv007

DEAR friend

as you want to do B.Tech from IIT. for that you have to appear in iit-jee entrance exam.
you will give examination on the basis of 12th.

For taking admission in IIT in mechenical engenering stream, you have to score good marks in your diploma and have to give exam conducted by IIT every year.
31st August 2011, 12:31 AM
cool.cristae

Hi dear,

The eligibility for appearing IIT JEE are as follows.

1. The age limit for Candidates belonging to general category is 25 years whereas, for SC/ST is 30 years.

2. The candidate should have passed 10+2/ two year pre university or any other equivallent examination conducted by a recognized board or University.

or

3 or 4 year Diploma recognized by AICTE or a state Board of technical education.

3. The candidate belonging to general category must have secured 60%, whereas, the one from SC/ST category should secure a minimum of 55% in any qualifying examination.
Thanks
31st August 2011, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

hi friends plz replay,
what is the syllabus for IIT JEE for lateral entry in mechanical engineering
16th September 2011, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

what is the syllabus for iit exam to deploma in mechanical engineering?
13th October 2011, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

Hey i want to ask you one que...

enternce exam of iit after 12th sci and diploma will be the same or not....??
23rd October 2011, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

PLZ TELL ME SYLLABUS OF DIPLOMA
13th November 2011, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

i am in diploma 2 year mech i want the full discription of iit admission?
15th November 2011, 09:53 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

hi friend,
there is no any problem,
you can do b.tech in mechanical engineering after your diploma course.
but for this you have to give the exam of iit jee,
and after qualifying the exam you can take admission in iit .
ok
25th November 2011, 11:08 PM
pabitra_nayak
Senior Member+

Hello ,

The eligibility for appearing IIT JEE are as follows.

1. The age limit for Candidates belonging to general category is 25 years whereas, for SC/ST is 30 years.

2. The candidate should have passed 10+2/ two year pre university or any other equivallent examination conducted by a recognized board or University.

or

3 or 4 year Diploma recognized by AICTE or a state Board of technical education.

3. The candidate belonging to general category must have secured 60%, whereas, the one from SC/ST category should secure a minimum of 55% in any qualifying examination.

best of luck
27th November 2011, 04:07 AM
Unregistered

i m 1st year student doing diploma by a ugc recodnised university.please suggest me the names of central universities where i can get lateral entry?
27th November 2011, 08:29 PM
Purnendu Banerjee

Location: Vill-Narayani, P.O-Kodalia-Shibpur, P.S-Falta, Dist-24 Pgs(s) W.B. Pin Code-743368

Sub : Electrical/Mechanical Engg. after completion of 3 years diploma course.

Respected Administrater/Sir

Once Govt. of W.B sugested that the student who passed the 3 year diploma course in any stream can get admission in B. Tech 3rd year. Although present rules is that of 2nd year admission. Now the question what is right ; actually the 3rd year diploma and 3rd year B. tech syllebus is identical. It is my suggestion student can get admission in B. tech if the state government approved. Notwithstanding I call the scholer for discussion about the matter. I want your suggestion/remark also.

with regards,

Purnendu Banerjee
Sarisha/Diamond Harbour
24 pgs (s)
14th December 2011, 02:11 PM
tuntunia

Yes of-course you can give your IIT Entrance Exam since the eligibility for answering IIT JEE for diploma candidates is that they should have passed their 3 years diploma from an AICTE recognized college

So work hard for this exam and answer it after your 3rd year. Mostly the exam is held in the month of April.
5th February 2012, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

i have 56% marks in diploma in mechanical eng.i can get in IIT admission.
6th February 2012, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IIT JEE after completing my diploma in Mechanical Engineering from karanataka open university?
25th February 2012, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

I am diploma student of mechanical engineering.can i eligible for jelet of iitjee and aieee exam.
7th March 2012, 11:24 AM
Unregistered

after diploma in mechanical what next
15th April 2012, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

I have done diploma after 10th class. I want to give entrance exam of iit but I have not done 12th class. Should I get admission in iit?
15th April 2012, 09:48 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear

First i cleared you that in IIT there is no provision for entry in as
Lateral Entry.

For this you give entrance exam likes IIT JEE, after secure good mark then you
eligible for Admission in Mechanical Engineering branch..............

All IIT colleges name:-

*IIT- Bombay

*IIT- Delhi

*IIT-Kharagpur

*IIT-Rorkee

*IIT-Madras

*IIT-Guhati
Good Luck..........
16th April 2012, 10:10 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

Smile Re: Mechanical engineering in IIT after diploma in mechanical engineering?

Yes of-course you can give your IIT Entrance Exam since the eligibility for answering IIT JEE for diploma candidates is that they should have passed their 3 years diploma from an AICTE recognized college

So work hard for this exam and answer it after your 3rd year. Mostly the exam is held in the month of April.

Best of luck
9th May 2012, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

sir iam a student of diploma in mechanical 2nd year now.sir iit ante chala colleges unnavi kada.actually e-cet raste direct btech 2nd year elligible untundi.mari alge iit lo kuda alage untumda.

sir alage diploma students iit join avvadaniki avakasam kachitamga unda/leda.plz give me answer to my doubt.
alage nenemina wrong type chesi unte sorry
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?