1st December 2016, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

Is diploma in automobile equivalent to mechanical in PSU?

Since diploma automobile engineering is considered as an equivalent branch of mechanical engineering in Central Government level live Staff Selection Commission, Union Public Service Commission and so on. I would like to know whether the diploma automobile engineering is equivalent as mechanical engineering? I have completed my diploma in automobile engineering and the degree in mechanical engineering.

Related Questions:
  1. Whether Diploma Automobile Engineering course of Military College of Electronics and Mechanical Engineering, Secunderabad is equivalent to 2 years Diploma course?
  2. Is Automobile engineering after Diploma in Mechanical tough or easy?
  3. B.E in automobile after completing diploma in Mechanical? Scope of doing B.E in automobile?
  4. Is it possible to take automobile engineering degree after completion of mechanical diploma?
  5. Can I get admission to study B.Tech(Automobile Engineering) if pursue Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  6. Is Diploma in Automobile Engineering after intermediate equivalent to B.Sc course?
  7. Can I go for B.Tech automobile engineering after diploma in mechanical engineering?
  8. What should I do next after completion of diploma in automobile? -- [New]
  9. Which is better to take mechanical or automobile engineering? Which is better to study diploma or to take MPC in Inter?
  10. Am I eligible to become a Mechanical Engineering in PSU being a B.Tech(Production Engineering) with Mechanical Equivalent certificate candidate?
  11. Which one is better between diploma in Automobile or Mechanical engineering?
  12. I am a graduate and having diploma in Automobile/Mechanical Engineering. What are the job opportunities in automobile sector?
  13. Is it possible to do BA course after completion diploma in Automobile Engineering?
  14. How can I choose automobile branch after completing diploma in mechanical?
  15. Is 2 years diploma in M.E after vocational equivalent to full 3 years diploma in M.E?
  16. How to take training in government sector after completing Polytechnic Diploma in Mechanical(Automobile)
  17. Should i continue my school or start learning how to fix vehicles?
  18. Difference between Automobile Engineering and Mechanical Engineering? What is the scope in both? Which diploma course should I join? -- [Most Discussed]
6th December 2016, 01:19 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is diploma in automobile equivalent to mechanical in PSU?

A diploma in Engineering and a Bachelors Degree in Engineering cannot be compared and are not at all equivalent.

There is a fundamental difference between them.

* Diploma can be done after 10th, whereas the Degree can't be done.

* Diploma is a 3 years course, whereas the degree is a 4 years course.

* Diploma doesn't give you the exposure which a degree gives you.

In any examination a degree and a diploma cannot be termed as equivalent.
8th May 2017, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

I have passed diploma in automobile engineering and finding job in government sectors but there is no vacancy for me, so want to know can I attend the entrance exam at the place of mechanical diploma are automobile diploma equivalent with mechanical diploma.......?
13th September 2017, 01:47 PM
kunalroy89

If the job notifications states that both will be considered equivalent,then it is so. Many a times,it is clearly stated by PSUs and private sector companies as well,that diploma in mechanical or related branches like Automobile can apply.
Problem is,diploma in mechanical can apply for both automobile and mechanical vacancies,but reverse is not applicable always. Anyways,most of the times, both are allowed together.
11th September 2018, 08:43 AM
Unregistered

Central Government considered as equivalent but why not in PSU companies. indian government should take action . Becacuse both branches have same subjects.
29th April 2020, 09:12 AM
Unregistered

I have limited department compatitive exam.
But I am diploma in automobile.

The diploma in automobile and diploma in mechanical aer consider a equivalent trade in limited department compatitive exam. ?

I have conduct exam in mechanical chargeman?
27th March 2022, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

I have got diploma in automobile througjh indian airforce . Is it equivalent to diploma in mechanical in PSU ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?