20th March 2010, 06:06 PM
DIPANSHU JAGGA

Mechanical engineering in IIT after diploma in mechanical engineering?

I want to do IIT in mechanical engineering after diploma in mechanical engineering. now i am in 2nd year in diploma. tell me if when I can give IIT entrance exam & how? plz tell me with full discription?

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to study in IIT for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
  2. Admission procedure to study B.E.(Mechanical Engineering) in IIT for a Diploma holder?
  3. Can I get admission in IIT after completing my Diploma Mechanical Engineering in A.Y.Dadabhai college?
  4. How can I get admission in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  5. How to do bachelor of engineering after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering? CET question papers for mechanical engineering?
  6. How can I get admission to study B.Tech in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering on 12th basis?
  7. What should I do after completing diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  8. Last 6 year papers of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  9. Can i do correspondence B.E Mechanical Engineering after doing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  10. Which courses can I pursue after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? Can I get admission in IIT and which exam do I have to appear for admission?
  11. Is diploma in automobile equivalent to mechanical in PSU?
  12. Can I take admission in NIT if I am a student of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  13. Am I eligible to join Diploma in Mechanical Engineering after completion of 10th Class? How much salary offered for the candidate after completion of this course?
  14. Am I eligible for IIT JEE Exam after completing diploma in Mechanical engineering in 4 years?
  15. Is it possible to get admission in IIT after completing 3 years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course?
  16. In which entrance exam I have to appear to study B.Tech(ME) in IIT being a Diploma student? Procedure to apply?
  17. Should I go for Diploma to Degree in Mechanical or Engineering in Mechanical after completion of 10+2 to become IAS Officer?
  18. Can I do B.Tech course in USA after completing Mechanical Engineering diploma course?
20th March 2010, 09:54 PM
nalanda
Senior Member++

Default Re: Mechanical engineering in IIT after diploma in mechanical engineering?

hi friend,
there is no any problem,
you can do b.tech in mechanical engineering after your diploma course.
but for this you have to give the exam of iit jee,
and after qualifying the exam you can take admission in iit .
o k
good luck
20th March 2010, 09:57 PM
nalanda
Senior Member++

Default Re: Mechanical engineering in IIT after diploma in mechanical engineering?

hi friend,
there is no any problem,
o k
good luck
21st March 2010, 04:34 PM
satyavani
Senior Member++

i am not sure ,but i think you are eligible for the exam,just have a look in iitjee brochure for further information,all the best
22nd March 2010, 05:16 PM
DIPANSHU JAGGA

plz tell me best colleges of iit jee? plz tell me what is the syllabus for test of this exam when i will give exam after diploma?
22nd March 2010, 09:45 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

only 12th appearing and students of succesive year can appear for iit and then you have to crack iit jee ffor Mechanical engineering in IIT
25th March 2010, 06:03 PM
DIPANSHU JAGGA

Post Re: Mechanical engineering in IIT after diploma in mechanical engineering?

hii to everyone. I want to ask some question. I want to know that I can go to 2nd year of iit-jee college after giving entrance exam of it after doing Diploma in mechanical engg.? & if i can go or can't go then what is the syllabus for enterance test of iit-jee for Diploma holders? I am thankful to you for this advice.................
2nd May 2010, 12:47 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Yes of-course you can give your IIT Entrance Exam since the eligibility for answering IIT JEE for diploma candidates is that they should have passed their 3 years diploma from an AICTE recognized college

So work hard for this exam and answer it after your 3rd year. Mostly the exam is held in the month of April.

Best of luck
13th May 2010, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

i do want aime detail
27th May 2010, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

I am a second year mechanical diploma student of a government autonomy college .what is the required diploma score for IIT JEE.Is it aggregate score or final year score??

shreyas
5th June 2010, 01:11 AM
Unregistered

best iit-college in mechanical engineering
6th June 2010, 12:46 AM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

DEAR,

you have to first complete your diploma to get for higher studies .

Yes of-course you can give your IIT Entrance Exam since the eligibility for answering IIT JEE for diploma candidates is that they should have passed their 3 years diploma from an AICTE recognized college

So work hard for this exam and answer it after your 3rd year. Mostly the exam is held in the month of April.....
6th June 2010, 12:47 AM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

you can apply for iit jam organised by 5 iit's to get admissions into higher degrees courses .

you can get info about it on various iit website . one such is ..
www.iitd.ac.in (delhi)
6th June 2010, 12:48 AM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

you can also pursue some management course as well from this entrance test .

you can also get an admission if u have a valid gate score with min. of 50% marks obtaiined which vary from
6th June 2010, 12:49 AM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

year to year .

iit will be definitely a very fine choice for pursuing mechanical engineering but its not easy .

you have to work really hard as comp. is high ....
6th June 2010, 12:51 AM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

you can also practice some tests as well which will provide you a good knowledge about the patter of the exam.

you can also buy arihants one to have good idea about the level of the question and the patterns of the questions to be asked.
6th June 2010, 12:52 AM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

you can aslo visit the iit official webs such as ....

www.iitk.ac.in
which provides complete info about such entrance exams .
6th June 2010, 12:53 AM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

most entrance exams are conducted in the month of april so have to be a bit careful about the entrances one so u cannot miss anyone exam

best of luck ........!!!
||satish||
9th June 2010, 09:32 PM
drdo99
Banned

There is direct 2nd year lateral entry in engg.
A good way to do b.tech,but iit takes only throgh iitjee.
10th June 2010, 02:37 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello Dipanshu,
The eligibility for appearing IIT JEE are as follows.

1. The age limit for Candidates belonging to general category is 25 years whereas, for SC/ST is 30 years.

2. The candidate should have passed 10+2/ two year pre university or any other equivallent examination conducted by a recognized board or University.

or

3 or 4 year Diploma recognized by AICTE or a state Board of technical education.

3. The candidate belonging to general category must have secured 60%, whereas, the one from SC/ST category should secure a minimum of 55% in any qualifying examination.
10th June 2010, 12:13 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

Yes ofcourse you can do mechanical engineering in IIT after diploma in mechanical engineering but for this you have to give IIT JEE entrance exams, after clear this
exams with good marks, then you will get admission in IIT and then you will get
direct admission in 2nd year..........
28th June 2010, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

I have passed diploma from msbte(maharashtra) but I have to take addmission in Gujarat for BE. Is there any possibility to take admission direct second year?
2nd July 2010, 02:52 AM
Unregistered

ofcource friend u have take the admission in gujarat for b.e.
13th July 2010, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

i jointed the MIET college of engineering and technology in diplomo in machanichal engineering what's the scope? how's the study tell me!
14th July 2010, 01:53 PM
Fundo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIPANSHU JAGGA View Post
hii to everyone. I want to ask some question. I want to know that I can go to 2nd year of iit-jee college after giving entrance exam of it after doing Diploma in mechanical engg.? & if i can go or can't go then what is the syllabus for enterance test of iit-jee for Diploma holders? I am thankful to you for this advice.................
NO you won't get admission directly for 2nd year.The IIT-JEE exam consists of 2 papers of 3 hour duration each having three sections-physics,chemistry and maths on the same day.The format is objective type having different forms of objective questions.syallabus is basically PCM(11th and 12th) of cbse but level of questions is far higher than other exams
14th July 2010, 11:01 PM
parhitoshika
Senior Member+

you have to complete iit jee anyhow.
they dont give any preferance for your diploma degree.
forms comes in nov,exams in april
15th July 2010, 09:08 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

sorry to say you have you can not get into admission in the IIT after diploma in mechanical.

as IIT do not take student through JELET.

for through JELET you can get chance in good govt engg colleges.

best of luck.....
15th July 2010, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

what is the syllabus for diploma students for entrance exam?plz reply
15th July 2010, 07:20 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

For taking admission in IIT you have to score good marks in your diploma and have to give exam conducted by IIT every year.
15th July 2010, 07:42 PM
Shagun Makin

Dear friend,

Everything is going good.

you just have to look for b.tech in mechanical engineering after your diploma course.

But for this you have to give the exam of iit jee,Aieee etc and after qualifying the exam you can take admission in iit's and nit's.

All the best.
17th July 2010, 11:04 AM
Unregistered

I have passed diploma from msbte(maharashtra) but I want BE(Computer). So how can i get the admission and what's the procedure to take admission. Is there any possibility to take admission direct second year?
4th August 2010, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

Dear Friends I m doing my second year diploma in Mech Engineering (AICTE Approved.) Want to know the syllabus for yearly pattern. Since its been a long gap now. But I want to appear & pass which will enable me help my family a better future.

Expecting help from u all...
30th August 2010, 09:58 AM
Unregistered

i m study diploma in mechanical engineering . After the diploma i wnt to study btech in abroad is it possible
31st August 2010, 09:45 AM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

You want to take admission in IIT for your graduation, for that you have to appear in IIT JEE ..

but in that case you have to start from the beginning means from the 1st year..

so, if you really want to take admission in IIT, then go for that..

all the best..
31st August 2010, 10:30 AM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

You want to take admission in IIT for your graduation, for that you have to appear in IIT JEE ..

but in that case you have to start from the beginning means from the 1st year..

so, if you really want to take admission in IIT, then go for that..

all the best..
31st August 2010, 11:15 AM
princearyan
Senior Member+

dear friends,

you can do the b.tech from iit after the diploma,

but for that you must have at least 60% marks as minimum qualification in the diploma.

and then you have to write the entrance exam of the iit jee, and after the qulaifying the exams.

you can take the admission in iit jee,followed by the counseling.
1st September 2010, 01:50 AM
rajesh gupta 1

dear friend;
you can do b.tech in mechanical engineering

after your diploma course.

but for this you have to give the exam of iit jee
1st September 2010, 01:59 AM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

dear friends.

you can give your IIT Entrance Exam since the eligibility for answering IIT JEE

for diploma candidates is that they should have passed their 3 years diploma

from an AICTE recognized college,
1st September 2010, 03:10 AM
August
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Mechanical engineering in IIT after diploma in mechanical engineering?

DEAR friend

as you want to do B.Tech from IIT. for that you have to appear in iit-jee entrance exam.
you will give examination on the basis of 12th.
as per your rank you will get admission in various IITs.

all the best.
1st September 2010, 10:03 AM
poplu13
Senior Member+

The only way to get into IIT is to apply for IIT JEE exam...you will have just two chances to qualify for IIT . one will be the year you complete the diploma and the other would bw the immediate next year...You need to join a good coaching class to crack the IIT JEE....

Good luck !!
1st September 2010, 11:40 AM
Rickers

Hello friend,

Yes this is possible for you to do b.tech after completion of diploma. You can get direct admission in the 2nd year of b.tech.
But to get into the any IITs you must have to appear for IITJEE entrance exam.
you can't get direct admission in iits.
so if you wandering to do b.tech from any of IITs you must appear for IITJEE.
prepare for the exam.
Good luck!!!!!
1st September 2010, 12:03 PM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend

if you want to get admission in IIT and NIT then you have to appear in

the exam named jee(joint entrance examination for IIT) and AIEEE (for NIT) on the basis of +2 level.

Best of luck
1st September 2010, 01:04 PM
sanjusabu

Dear friend,
you can of course apply for mechanical engineering in iit .
Eligibility is:-
1) candidate have to complete diploma in mechanical engineering from
any aicte approved college.
2) age limit:- gen(25 years) sc/st(30 years)
3) candidate have to pass 10+2/ two year equivalent from any
recognised board
best of luck.
1st September 2010, 03:21 PM
meeria

Dear Frend,
yes,why not!you can give your IIT Entrance Exam since the eligibility for answering IIT JEE for diploma candidates is that they should have passed their 3 years diploma from an AICTE recognized college

Mostly the exam is held in the month of April.you can visit www.iitk.ac.in

Best of luck ,Have a nice day!
1st September 2010, 06:09 PM
mostpost

hey,if you want to take admission on mechanical engineering in iit after diploma then you have to appear on iit-jee.now prepare well and go for it.
good luck.
29th September 2010, 10:44 PM
Unregistered

i have done diploma in mechanical after 10 now i m doing btech in mechanical can i go for GATE???pls tell me
29th September 2010, 11:12 PM
teeks
Senior Member+

you can do iit before it you should give iit jee entrance exam all the best
30th September 2010, 12:09 AM

you can of course apply for mechanical engineering in iit .
Eligibility is:-
1) candidate have to complete diploma in mechanical engineering from
any aicte approved college.
2) age limit:- gen(25 years) sc/st(30 years)
3) candidate have to pass 10+2/ two year equivalent from any
recognised board
30th September 2010, 12:48 AM
babydoll

Hi!
Yes this is possible for you to study mechanical engineering from IIT. After completion of diploma engineering you can appear for the IIJEE exam, if you get into the merit list you can get admission in the IIT.
But you must have to appear in the IITJEE. OK.
30th September 2010, 07:27 AM
yogeshkumarsoni

hi friend,
there is no any problem,
o k
good luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?