11th July 2020, 06:21 PM
Freya bhemani

Is it advisable to opt for Science stream in 9th and 10th only?

My daughter will opt for Commerce field after 10th for sure. So according to you is it advisable to drop Science for 9th and 10th or for basic knowledge of Science of 9th and 10th is necessary so she has to take Science in 9th and 10th? What is your advice?

15th August 2020, 07:26 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it advisable to opt for Science stream in 9th and 10th only?

As per earlier educational model, Science was compulsory subject upto 10th standard. Social Studies, English, Hindi, Mathematics were also among the mandatory subjects upto 10th standard.

After 10th, standard, you have the liberty to choose streams i.e. Science, Commerce or Arts.

Here, if you are referring to new educational model that is proposed just now, then you can skip Science for 9th and 10th standard, if you don't wish to pursue higher education in that field.

However, I would suggest to opt for Science in 9th and 10th Science as well. Because, Science in these standards are not that much tough. And, it will not increase burden on other subjects. Here, students are taught about molecules, acids and bases, solutions, Chemical reactions, laws of motion, electricity, immune system, life processes, heredity and evolution, etc.

These are some basic science related things that every student should know. So, I think ignoring Science in 9th and 10th standard is not a good idea.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?