25th March 2011, 12:50 PM
pankajdthakkar

Is it advisable to shift to Gujarat Board from 10th standard to have advantage of higher quota in engineering admission after 12th science?

My nephew is studying in cbse 9th std. His scool in surat also offers gujarat board course. Is it advisable to shift to gujarat board from 10th std to have advantage of higher quota in engg admission after 12th science.

Related Questions:
  1. Reservation quota for CBSE students in Gujarat government engineering college?
  2. Would I be considered under the 75% state(Gujarat) reservation quota for taking admission in Gujarat engineering colleges? I have done 10th(ICSE board) and 12th(CBSE board) from Gujarat. I have domicile of Gujarat
  3. Quota for CBSE students in Gujarat engineering colleges? Is it advisable to study CBSE board in 11th & 12th if student wants to study in Gujarat Engg College?
  4. How may I get procedure regarding change of board from CBSE to Gujarat board?
  5. Can I take admission in 11th Bihar Board in Science department?
  6. State quota benefits for admission through GUJCET?
  7. Which board is suitable in Gujarat after 9th class from Maharashtra? Eligibility to take admission in CBSE board in 10th standard in Gajarat?
  8. How many MBBS seats are reserved for CBSE student in Gujarat? Should I transfer to Gujarat State Board after completing 10th?
  9. What is the quota of admission in engineering colleges in Gujarat?
  10. Is there any special quota for Gujarat State Board candidate in JEE Main and Advanced?
  11. Quota for CBSE students in Gujarat Engineering Colleges? Is it advisable to study in CBSE board 11th and 12th if a students wants to study in Gujarat Engineering College?
  12. Is there any quota for CBSE students in Gujarat Engineering Colleges? Is it advisable to study CBSE board in 11th and 12th if student wants to study in Gujarat Engineering College?
  13. Should I shift my daughter from CBSE to Gujarat board in 9th or 11th standard if I want her to get admitted in Gujarat colleges only? IS Gujarati subject compulsory in 9th standard GSEB? -- [New]
  14. What are the favourable and unfavourable factors of changing board from ICSE to CBSE for 11th standard?
  15. Whether changing the state will not give me advantage of 85% seats reservation in GUJCET 2015?
  16. Can a student of Gujrat board appear in MH CET? Any state quota or management quota in MH CET? eligibility? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Whether a candidate is required to submit Domicile certificate for GUJCET if completed 10th from outside Gujarat?
  18. Percentage quota of CBSE appeared student from Gujarat in state engineering colleges through GUJCET?
10th September 2011, 09:50 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Is it advisable to shift to Gujarat Board from 10th standard to have advantage of higher quota in engineering admission after 12th science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankajdthakkar View Post
My nephew is studying in cbse 9th std. His scool in surat also offers gujarat board course. Is it advisable to shift to gujarat board from 10th std to have advantage of higher quota in engg admission after 12th science.
Is it advisable to shift to Gujarat Board from 10th standard to have advantage of higher quota in engineering admission after 12th science?

I personally don't think that it will help you because For getting entry into engineering ,you will have to appear in engineering entrance exams which needs atleast 12th pass with physics ,chemistry and maths from any recognized university and there is no any relaxation for gujarat board.

But you will get reservation in your state if you are living in gujarat but you will have to submit a proving certificate for that .There is no any advantage of Gujarat Board over boards like CBSE which is common in india .

So don't worry if your nephew is studying with CBSE board then please let him complete his studies from cbse board .He would be able to sit in engineering entrance exams after completing class 12th.

With Regards
ravik1214
10th September 2011, 11:13 AM
Aninkanti

Default Re: Is it advisable to shift to Gujarat Board from 10th standard to have advantage of higher quota in engineering admission after 12th science?

To get admission in engineering in Gujarat Board you will have to appear in engineering entrance exams.

But in my opinion it will be better if you go for AIJEE and IIT JEE after 12th pass.

Best of luck!
24th October 2011, 08:47 AM
Unregistered

Post Re: Is it advisable to shift to Gujarat Board from 10th standard to have advantage of higher quota in engineering admission after 12th science?

it is better to keep with CBSE , but the question is whether he is doing well with CBSE and he is getting proper teaching for it or not.
Because CBSE course is now similar as GSEB but its boundries are more wide, i mean it covers more course even though the topics are same.
I have taught in both boards and there is a lot of difference in approach also.Soi advice you to keep it with CBSE but still things are different when child is unable to cope up with the vast course.
For more doubts and help...u can mail me at [email protected]
i would like to help u out...god bless.
parag sir.
16th April 2013, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is it advisable to shift to Gujarat Board from 10th standard to have advantage of higher quota in engineering admission after 12th science?

at present my child is studing with isce borad in std.10th. i want to change the board isce to cbse. my child want to go for iit or nirma institue please guide me
19th November 2013, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

Whats the advantage of studying in the CBSE comparing to GSEB for admission of the medical & engineering for the gujarat students ?
What the requirement for IIM colleges admissions ?
8th April 2014, 08:56 PM
Unregistered

I give exam of 10 and now my dream is to select one of medical science in 11 so what can i do
16th April 2016, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

My daughter in 4th std. She is brilliant enough . Which board is better for her ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?