23rd May 2013, 01:15 AM
GOSWAMI PRIYANK 852

After 12th and diploma engineering in EC can I become an IPS Officer?

After 12th and diploma engineering in ec passed can i become ips officer?

23rd May 2013, 10:47 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After 12th and diploma engineering can I become an IPS officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOSWAMI PRIYANK 852 View Post
IPS stands for Indian Police service.IPS exam is conducted by UPSC in every year . There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.This exam is conduct through Civil Service Exam .

Bachelor degree from recognized university are applicable for IPS Exam.Final year student are applicable for IPS Exam.

No , Diploma candidate are not applicable for IPS Exam .

Your age should be in between 21-30 years for general candidate.

Age relaxation for IPS exam:-

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.Also you must be citizen of India.

I have listed some Books name , you should collect these books from market and prepare well for IPS Exam .

CSAT UPSC Civil Services Examination
Author: Nem Singh
Publisher: Made Easy Publications - New Delhi

UPSC Portal CSAT Comprehensive Manual: IAS Preliminary Examination 2013 (Paper - 2)
by
Sachchida Nand Jha
Publisher: UPSC Portal

CSAT Conceptual Approach (Paper - 2
by
P. N. Roy Chowdhury
Publisher: Pearsom

CSAT How To Tackle Civil Services Preliminary Examination: General Studies
Author: SAP
Publisher: Student Aid Publications

For more details of IPS Exam , You can visit to www.upsc.gov.in
23rd May 2013, 06:43 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After 12th and diploma engineering in EC can I become an IPS Officer?

To become an IPS(Indian Police Service) officer, one has to crack Civil Service Exam, conducted by UPSC every year after Graduation Degree.

So after Diploma engineering one is not eligible for IPS.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good Physical Fitness.

The selection of candidate is through three phases:-

CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - Preliminary Exam

Civil Service Main Exam

Personal Interview

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
11th August 2013, 10:35 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After 12th and diploma engineering in EC can I become an IPS Officer?

It is not possible to join IPS after 12th/diploma. Bachelor degree is the minimum qualification required. Age of the aspirant must be less than 30 years. Selection process is conducted through prelims and mains exam by UPSC followed by interview. Applications can be submitted online through the web portal of UPSC.
11th August 2013, 11:21 PM
chetan.a.b

Unhappy Re: After 12th and diploma engineering in EC can I become an IPS Officer?

Hi friend,

IPS exam eligibility
Qualification Required

Aspirants who want to apply for IPS should possess Degree of Graduate in any discipline from any University recognised by Government.
Age Limit

Age of the applicants should not be less than 21 years and should not be more than 30 Years to be eligible for IPS Exam.
since diploma is not considered as a digree you cannot apply to IPS.
12th August 2013, 11:53 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Sorry diploma is not the right qualification for IPS officer examination. You must have Graduation in any stream to become eligible for IPS officer exam.

So complete Graduation and then you can apply for IPS officer examination.

You are a Diploma in ECE means you can get lateral entry into B.Tech. 2nd year through and entrance examination

You can also opt for simple Graduation like B.A if you don't want to do B.Tech due to money problem or some other reasons.

Age Limit for IPS Exam:

General Category : 21 -30 years

OBC Category : 21 - 33 years

SC/ST Category : 21 - 35 years

Selection Procedure:

-Preliminary Exam

-Mains Exam

-Interview

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
13th August 2013, 09:12 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

Sorry to say that diploma holders are not eligible for the Civil services examination conducted for the different services like Indian Administrative services ,Indian Police services etc by the Union Public service commission every year because the eligibility criteria for the Civil services examination is :

1.Academic qualification:

>>You must be a bachelor's degree holder in any stream from a recognized university.You can apply for the exam if you are in final year of bachelor's degree .but without bachelor's degree you cannot apply for the exam.

So ,you cannot become IPS officer after diploma in Electronics and communication.

2.Age criteria :

>>You must be between 21-30 years of engineering .relaxation of three years to obc and five years to sc/st respectively.

Suggestions:

It would be better for you to give the LEET exam which stands for the Lateral entry entrance test .After clearing this exam you can pursue bachelor's technology in EC directly from second year of engineering from a any good institute.

During final year of B.tech ,you can apply for the civil services exams at www.upsconline.nic.in.

But the path to become IPS officer is not so easy it requires hard labour in study along with strong determination and devotion towards study .

So try to give your best right from the second year ,try to give at least 2 hours to civil services examination preparation.During third year you can join some good institute like :

>>Rau's IAS study cirlce

>>Chanakya's IAS academy

>>Khan study group for better preparation.

For any more details ,you can visit www.upsc.gov.in

Hope the information helps you.

all the best

aashisranjan784
13th August 2013, 11:30 PM
poulomi_roy90

Educational Qualification and Age:

The minimum educational qualification of an IPS officer is Graduation (10+2+3/4) under any recognized Indian University.

A plain graduation degree is enough; you need not to have first class or any minimum grade or result to be eligible.

You are equally eligible to be an IPS officer if you are a Pass Graduate, i.e. without Honours.

Technical students like an Engineering graduate or an MBBS pass out may appear for the exam to be an IPS officer.

The minimum age requirement for General (UR) category students is 21 to 30 years. The OBC students will get 3 years age relaxation while the SC/ST students will get 5 years.

NO YOU CAN NOT BECOME IPS OFFICER WITH DIPLOMA AS A QUALIFICATION.

The educational qualification required for applying in IPS is graduation from any stream.
Diploma is equivalent to 10+2 and to graduation.

As diploma is equivalent only to 10+2,so you can not apply for IPS.

You will have to complete B.TECH ,that is degree to apply for IPS.
13th August 2013, 11:55 PM
Mattyjkk

Hello Dear

No Dude

You are not eligible to apply for the IPS exam

I.P.S -- INDIAN POLICE SERVICE

The minimum age must be 21 years

Maximum age is allowed up to 30 years

You must have a minimum of GRADUATION from a recognized university

Since you are a Diploma Holder you are NOT ELIGIBLE to apply for it

You try to complete GRADUATION first

Then you can apply for the exam

ALL THE GOOD LUCK
14th August 2013, 12:21 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend.........

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for the IPS.

You need to complete the Graduation from any recognized University.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service.

This exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission once in a year.

Eligibility :

The Candidates must be citizen of India.

Candidates complete Graduation in any stream from a recognized university

Candidates age limit between 21 to 30 years for General Candidates

Age relaxation:

Age relaxation for OBC candidates - 3 years

Age relaxation for SC/ST Candidates -5 years

Number of Attempts :

For General Candidates 4 Times

For OBC Candidates 7 Times

For SC/ST Candidates : No limit

Selection Process :

Main Examination

Preliminary Examination

Interview

all the best............
14th August 2013, 07:50 AM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Hi,

No, you cannot apply for IPS exam after passing 12th and diploma, because for IPS and other civil services exam, you should have passed graduation.

Civil services exams are conducted by UPSC every year.

These exams are for IAS/ IPS/IFS.

To be eligible for these exams, candidate has to fulfil the eligibility criteria, which are --

Candidate should be an Indian citizen.

Candidate should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognised university.

Candidate's age should be between 20 years to 30 years.

Age is relaxed by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

The exam is conducted in three stages -

Preliminary exam
Main exam
Interview.

So, now you can see, that being a diploma holder you can not apply for this exam, as diploma is not considered.

I suggest you to complete graduation and then apply for IPS exam. Moreover, many government jobs require graduation degree.

Hope it helps.
14th August 2013, 12:41 PM
kota.apparao

Dear friend,
After completion of diploma not eligible to write the IPS exam because for an IPS exam minimum qualification is degree.After completing the degree you are eligible for write a exam.For IAS,IFS and ISS also minimum qualification is degree.
Age must be
for an general:21-30,
OBC:21-33,
SC/ST:21-37.
So complete your degree or b.tech.
All the best......
14th August 2013, 01:38 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

I am afraid that you can't. It has been mentioned quite clearly by the Union Public Service Commission that you can only apply for the Civil Services Examination after completing graduation.

In this case you have completed diploma after 12th and not the graduation. Which means that you are not eligible for the Civil Services Examination regardless of you want to appear for Indian Police Service or the Indian Administrative Service.

The diploma course is not considered equvelant to the graduation even if you have completed diploma in Engineering which is a 3 years course. You still have to complete graduation that you haven't done so far.

So my suggestion is that you complete graduation first and then consider appearing for the Civil Services Examination. Since you have diploma in Engineering, the graduation degree in same can be completed in 3 years.

Even though the B.Tech course has duration of 4 years, the course is only 3 years long if you have completed diploma. This is made possible by the Lateral Entry Admission. Under the scheme you can take admission directly in the second year of B.Tech course.

You can take admission through lateral entry by appearing for the Lateral Entry Engineering Test. Although you must have 60 percent marks in diploma to appear for this entrance exam.

Once you have completed graduation, it will be possible to appear for the Civil Services Examination. But still you will have to meet the following criteria.

IPS Eligibility

1. Only candidate with Indian citizenship is eligible.

2. Bachelor's degree from a recognized college.

3. Marks in the degree does not matter.

4. You should be 21 years old to apply.

5. Those above 30 years are not eligible.

6. OBC can apply up to 33 years.

7. While the criteria is 35 years for SC/ST.

Selection Procedure

1. Preliminary Exam

2. Main Exam

3. Personal Interview
14th August 2013, 03:11 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Dear Aspirant,

>> As you have mention that you have completed your Diploma Engineering after completing your 12th standard and want to become an IPS Officer then it is Not possible Yet because, you have not Sufficient Educational Qualification to apply for that......

>> So, first of all you have to take admission in any Graduation course then complete it and you become eligible for the Civil Service exam definitely.....

>> IPS is the Exam to become an IPS (Indian Police Service) Officer which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission only once in the year.....

>> For that you have to apply for the Civil Service Examination, Civil Service exam has two stages :
  • Written Exam
  • Interview
>> Written exam has two stages which you have to clear first stage is Preliminary exam and then after Main Exam, after completing the Written exam you have to face an Interview Section then after the Medical Test section come you have to physically and mentally strong to Qualify in it.....

>> A candidate must have the Nationality of India...

Age Criteria:-
  • Age of candidate should be minimum 21 years.
  • Age of candidate should not exists 30 years.
  • For OBC category maximum age is 33 years.
  • For SC/ST it is not exists more then 35 years.

Attempt Limit:-
  • General Candidate can apply max. 4 times.
  • OBC candidate can 7 times.
  • SC/ST candidate have no Restriction.

Best Books for IPS Exam:-

CSAT-UPSC Priliminary Exams for IAS IPS
Publisher: Priyanka Prakashan (2012)
Author: Chandresh Agrawal
Price: Rs. 312

Training of IPS : Indian Police Service
Author: Kaneez Zehra
Publisher: APH Publishing Corporations (1993)
Price: Rs. 190

Objective General English 2012 Edition
Author: SP Bakshi
Publisher: Arihant (2012)
Price: Rs. 135

All the best

With Regards.....
DHARM
14th August 2013, 06:53 PM
shivam2k6

Dear Friend,

I am sorry to say but graduation is the minimum qualification required for appearing in UPSC civil services examination and diploma holder or 12th passed candidates are not allowed.

If you are willing to appear for this examination then you should appear for Lateral Entry examination and get admission into 2nd year of Engineering course.

Alternatively, you can do your graduation from any stream you want.

I have attached the latest civil services notification where you can see all the details.

All the best.
Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Civil Services 2013 Notification.pdf(1.25 MB, 49 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?