27th June 2020, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

Which all Graduate disciplines are acceptable for Master's in Pathology?

Hi, I have completed my B.Sc in Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT). So, now am I eligible to do M.D. Pathology or Doctor of Medicine in Pathology? Any entrance requirement for MD Pathology?

30th June 2020, 07:22 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which all Graduate disciplines are acceptable for Master's in Pathology?

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to join MD Pathology after completion of B.Sc MLT course in Graduation.

MD Pathology is a Post Graduation course but only those candidates who did MBBS can join this course.

Hence I suggest you to go for M.Sc with any of the below streams
-M.Sc in Medical Lab Technology
-M.Sc in Medical Imaging Technology
-M.Sc in Clinical Biochemistry
-M.Sc in Clinical Microbiology

Admission for all these courses will be given on the basis of Entrance Exam of the respective University.

You can start preparation for the Entrance Exam and score good marks so that you can get admission in top college.

After completion of any of these courses, you can get job opportunities in
-Hospitals
-Diagnostic centers
-Laboratories
4th September 2020, 10:53 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Default Re: Which all Graduate disciplines are acceptable for Master's in Pathology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I have completed my B.Sc in Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT). So, now am I eligible to do M.D. Pathology or Doctor of Medicine in Pathology? Any entrance requirement for MD Pathology?
Educational qualification required for pursuing MD in pathology is MBBS degree which is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
Its advisable to pursue masters after graduation where you’ll be acquiring knowledge at a higher level than what you studied during your bachelor’s degree, and the course should help you develop the necessary skills for your field of work.
After completion of your B. Sc MLT you can go for the following degrees such as:
1)M. Sc (Clinical Biochemistry) - 2 years
2)M. Sc (Clinical Microbiology) - 2 years
Certain institutes/universities conducts entrance exam to filter the students or the admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?