27th September 2012, 04:28 PM
ritikaus

Am I able to attend GATE exam after completing B.E? I have 3 backlogs

I completed B.E this year but still i have 3 backlogs and my total score of B.E is 58%. Am an ECE student.. Plz reply.. its urgent..

27th January 2013, 10:55 AM
aman1257

Thumbs up Re: Am I able to attend GATE exam after completing B.E? I have 3 backlogs

HI
Yes you can appear for GATE examination...

Candidates who have appeared in the final semester/year exam in 2012, but with a backlog (arrears/failed subjects) in any of the papers in their
qualifying degree should submit several things-

1. A copy final year marksheet , OR

2. A letter from the principal indicating that the student has a backlog from an earlier semester/year to be cleared, and therefore cannot produce a course completion certificate. This certificate will also be present in the last portion of the PDF application form provided to you after you submit application online.
28th July 2013, 09:51 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I able to attend GATE exam after completing B.E? I have 3 backlogs

Yes, you can apply for GATE with a prevailing backlog. Final year students with backlogs can apply for GATE, but they must submit any one of the copy of the mark sheets at final year. You need to submit a letter from the principal of the college indicating that you have backlogs in previous semesters. But you need to clear the existing backlogs, while seeking admission to any of the M.Tech colleges. Detailed information in this can be collected from the website of GATE.
28th July 2013, 10:03 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I able to attend GATE exam after completing B.E? I have 3 backlogs

Yes, you can apply for GATE with a prevailing backlog. Final year students with backlogs can apply for GATE, but they must submit any one of the copy of the mark sheets at final year. You need to submit a letter from the principal of the college indicating that you have backlogs in previous semesters. But you need to clear the existing backlogs, while seeking admission to any of the M.Tech colleges. Detailed information in this can be collected from the website of GATE.
29th July 2013, 12:34 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

Yes you are Eligible to apply for GATE examination.

The candidates having Backlog can also appear for GATE examination but they must have to clear the Backpaper before the M.Tech admission.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test of Engineering .

GATE is conducted by Indian Institutes of Science and combinedly seven IIts of India for M.Tech course.

Education qualification :

Bachelor of Engineering / Technology candidates .

Master of Science / statics / Maths / Computer Application degree

From a recognized University.

Final year Candidates can also apply.

Or Candidates having Backlog can also apply to GATE examination.

So you can appear in GATE examination.

All the best..............................
1st September 2013, 10:09 AM
Unregistered

I have 1 backlog in my 5th semester. I belong to 2007-2011 batch. I have my course completion certificate too. Am i eligible to apply for GATE 2014. My arrears exam starts only at Nov-2013. Need guidance asap as the application process starts tmrw.
18th September 2014, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

Sir I'm having 7backlogs in BE.Now i'm in final year. Am i able to attend gate exam...?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?