27th July 2012, 06:19 PM
shadab shamim

Am i eligible for any PSU in India after scoring 6.6 CGPA aggregate in B.Tech?

i have got 6.6cgpa aggregate in B.Tech. am i eligible for any PSU in india??

12th October 2012, 09:01 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible for any PSU in India after scoring 6.6 CGPA aggregate in B.Tech?

It would have been better if you had also mentioned the B.Tech course that you have completed. Anyway the answer to your question is yes you are definitely eligible to get job in the Public Sector Undertakings.

There are more than 150 Public Sector Undertakings in India. PSUs basically are the companies where government is the major stakeholder thus keeps the control over it. Some of these companies are very prestigious. They are working in the various fields like power generation, Coal, Oil Exploration, Telecommunication etc.

These companies hires B.Tech graduates on the annual basis for the jobs. To select candidate each Public Sector Undertaking conducts a entrance exam. There is no joint entrance exam, each PSU conducts a separate exam.

The job is only given to candidates on the basis of this exam. There is a written test followed by Interview in the selection process. The notification of the exam is published on the leading newspapers. You can also access it from the official website of the concerned PSU. This notification contains all the necessary information related to exam pattern, date of examination, admission process etc.

Eligibility.

1. You must be of Indian origin.

2. B.Tech degree from a recognized university.

3. At least 60 percent marks in B.Tech.

4. There should be no pending backlogs at the time of applying.

5. The age limit is 21 to 30 years.

6. Age limit for OBC is relaxed by 3 years.

7. The age limit for SC/ST is relaxed by 5 years.

It is also recommended that you appear for the General Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE) before applying for the Public Sector Undertaking exam. Some PSUs have made changes in the entrance exam and do not conducts written test. Instead they ask for the GATE score of the candidate.

Similarly other companies gives priorty to candidates who have a good GATE score. Such candidates are not required to appear for written test. They are directly called for Interview.

List of PSU

DRDO

ISRO

NTPC

MTNL

BSNL

GAIL

BHEL

BEL

NALCO

BPCL

HAL

COAL INDIA LTD

ONGC

IOCL
12th October 2012, 01:35 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am i eligible for any PSU in India after scoring 6.6 CGPA aggregate in B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadab shamim View Post
i have got 6.6cgpa aggregate in B.Tech. am i eligible for any PSU in india??
Dear,

Yes, you are eligible to appear in any PSU related to your field. You can check other eligibility criteria for different PSUs by clicking to this site:
http://www.theguru.net.in/psu_eligibility.html

You can apply to following PSUs:
  1. DRDO
  2. ISRO
  3. NTPC
  4. IOCL
  5. BHEL
  6. SAIL
  7. HAL
  8. BARC
  9. RAILWAYS
  10. DMRC
  11. BSNL
  12. ONGC
...etc

You can also write GATE as many PSUs accepts GATE score for recruiting the candidates.GATE only require technical and engineering maths preparation but for writing PSU exam for any PSU you need to have good hold on your technical concept with knowledge of general awareness including history, geography, current affairs etc.

Aptitude is required in both.

Best of luck!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?