14th February 2012, 06:35 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear for CAT Exam having scored 68.17% in 10th 81.5% in 12th class with PUC and pursuing 1st year of B.Com?

I am Greeshma.
I am currently pursuing my 1st year B.com.
I have scored 68.17% in 10th(ICSE) ,and 81.5% in 12th(PUC).
Can you please let me know whether I am eligible for taking CAT.

Thanking you,
Yours faithfully,

Greeshma

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for IIM even if I am having one year gap in my B.Com degree?
  2. CAT Eligibility based on aggregate marks in first two years of graduation?
  3. What is the eligibility criteria for CAT? I have scored 69.06% in 10th
  4. Effect of 10th class percentage in campus placements -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Am I eligible for TCS after scoring 72% in 10th, 59.5% in 12th?
  6. Am I eligible to get the JNTU scholarship if I have scored 59.7% marks in 12th? -- [New]
  7. Am I eligible to apply in IBPS AO recruitment if secured 76% in 10th, 54% in 12th and pursuing B.Sc in Agriculture?
  8. Am I eligible for SBI Entrance Exam having scored 34% in 10th, 64% in 12th and pursuing BA in English?
  9. Am I eligible to apply for CAT if pursuing B.Sc 1st year?
  10. Am I eligible to attend for campus placements having secured 59.8% in 10th, 70% in 12th pursuing my 1st semester of B.E.?
  11. Am I eligible to appear in NIMCET with mentioned percentage in overall academics?
  12. Am I eligible fro KCET after passing studying 1st and 2nd PUC in Hyderabad?
  13. Am I eligible for Bank Exams after completion of 12th class being a candidate of pursuing 1st year of B.Com?
  14. For which Companies am I eligible having scored 70% in 10th, 55% in 12th and 68.5% in 1st semester of B.Tech course?
  15. Should I take coaching class to prepare for IBPS exam instead of CAT?
  16. Am I eligible for campus placement? I've 55% in 10th, 57% in 12th and 74% marks in B.E(ECE)
  17. List of top MBA colleges? I have scored 91% in 10th
  18. List of IT companies for which am I eligible being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech having secured 58% in 12th and having 3 year gap between 12th class and B.Tech?
14th February 2012, 02:44 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for CAT Exam having scored 68.17% in 10th 81.5% in 12th class with PUC and pursuing 1st year of B.Com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am Greeshma.

Thanking you,
Yours faithfully,

Greeshma
Yes, You are applicable for CAT exam .Because Final year student are applicable for CAT exam.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR CAT EXAM

Those candidate have above 50% in graduation are eligible for CAT exam.For SC/ST candidate this marks is decreased to 45% in graduation.

Your graduation college or university must have UGC approval.This exam is conduct once time in a year.

This year exam date is already OVER.So you can try for next year.

You can apply here maximum times because there is no limitation to attempts for CAT exam.

The BEST MBA college in India:-

Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad

Indian Institute of Management Bangalore

Indian Institute of Management Calcutta

Indian Institute of Management Lucknow

Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode

Indian Institute of Management Indore

XLRI Management Institute Jamshedpur

IIFT – Indian Institute of Foreign Trad

FMS – Faculty of Management Studies

NMIMS – Narsee Monjee Institute of Management and Higher Studies
14th February 2012, 04:12 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for CAT Exam having scored 68.17% in 10th 81.5% in 12th class with PUC and pursuing 1st year of B.Com?

Quote:
I am Greeshma.

Thanking you,
Yours faithfully,

Greeshma
CAT stands for Common Admission test and this examination is Conducted by IIM's every year.

~~ To apply for this examination you have to complete your Graduation degree course in any discipline form a recognised University

~~ Final year appearing candidates are also eligible to apply for CAT Entrance Examination.

~~ The Notification of CAT Entrance Examination will be Published in the month of August, For this year CAT Examination was already completed, If you have missed the chance in this year, then please apply for CAT Examination next year.

CAT entrance Examination is Objective type examination and there are 2 section in this examination :

~~ Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
~~ Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning.

~~ To apply for CAT Examination you have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognised University and you have to scored minimum 50% marks in your Graduation, Final year appearing candidates are also apply for CAT Examination.

~~ So please complete your Graduation and then apply for CAT or Apply when, you are Pursuing your Last Year Course.

~~ The examination fees of CAT is Rs 1600 and you have to pay the fees through voucher in Axis Bank, Each of the sections will be 1 hour and 10 minutes.

So, please start Prepared for the CAT Examination, Only then you will be able to cracked this examination and for more information check official website :

catiim.in
14th February 2012, 05:21 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

In order to be eligible for CAT you have to first complete your Graduation Degree Course.

CAT - COMMON ADMISSION TEST is an entrance examination conducted by IIMs for admission to MBA(Master in Business Administration) course in IIMs.

The eligible candidate should have completed graduation degree from any discipline with 50% marks from a recognised University and there is no age bar for admission to MBA.

CAT can only be applied through on line only by paying the examination fees for Rs.1600.00 which is computer based examination comprising all objective type questions.

For more information you may log on to www.catiim.in
14th February 2012, 07:15 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

Every year IIMs (Indian Institute of Management) organised the CAT(Common Admission Test) examination. According to the CAT score the candidates are admitted in the management colleges.

Eligible Criteria :-

Final year or pre-final year candidate of bachelor degree are eligible.As you are currently in B.Com 1st year, so now you are not eligible.

How to apply ::-

Candidate can choose any one of the three modes to apply :

• Obtain Form with M.A.T. Bulletin/C.D. against cash payment of Rs 1200/- (One
thousand two hundred only) from listed branches of Bank of Baroda, listed Study
Centers of A.I.M.A. and from A.I.M.A., Lodhi Road, New Delhi.
or

• Obtain Form with M.A.T. Bulletin/C.D. against cash payment of Rs 1200/- (One
thousand two hundred only) from listed branches of Bank of Baroda, Axis Bank,
listed Study Centres of A.I.M.A. OR from A.I.M.A., New Delhi.
or

• Obtain crossed Demand Draft (DD) of Rs 1200/- (One thousand two hundred only) in
favour of ‘All India Management Association’ payable at Delhi from any Bank.
Register online at website http://www.aima-
ind.org
alongwith the DD details.
Detailed procedure is given on the website link.
or

• Register online at website link http://www.aima-
ind.org
with Credit Card payment. Detailed procedure is given on the website
link.

Here I have provided some books name from where you can study and for this you have to buy the hard copy from market.The books are :

1. Analytical & Logical Reasoning
2. Quantative Aptitude by R.S.Agarwall
3. Verbal ability for CAT by Sujit Kumar
4. CAT by N.K.Sinha
5. Verbal Reasoning by R.S.Agarwall
6. Tata McGraw-Hills Publication CAT Study material by A.Sharma and Upadhyay
7. Quantative Aptitude of CAT by Arun Sharma.

Besides this you can take coaching from your nearby coaching center.

http://www.catiim.in

good luck.
25th February 2012, 12:42 PM
Syedsam01
Member+

Quote:
I am Greeshma.

Thanking you,
Yours faithfully,

Greeshma
Dear friend,
Sorry to say that at present you are not eligible for CAT(Common Admission Test) by IIMs because the eligibility criterea is graduation with 50% marks or students of last year can also apply, so start preparation.
For more info please visit www.catiim.in.
Best of Luck.
12th April 2013, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

can i apply if i have completed 2nd year bcom ,for the cat exam?

regards
siya
12th April 2013, 06:53 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Whether you are eligible for Common Admission Test or not will be determined by your performance in graduation. To apply for the Common Admission Test the percentage in 10th standard and 12th standard is not considered.

Although some universities may give weightage to the 12th standard marks when giving admission for the MBA courses. One such example is Indian Institutes of Management. But the score of 10th and 12th is not considered for taking part in the Common Admission Test.

The Common Admission Test is conducted for post graduate courses in business management. The exam is conducted in October by the Indian Institutes of Management.

Apart from the IIMs there are several other universities that also offer admission through Common Admission Test. But the first priority of the students is Indian Institutes of Management since its the most prestigious business schools in India.

CAT Eligibility

1. The candidate should be graduate.

2. 50 percent marks in graduation course.

3. SC/ST need 45 percent marks.

If you failed to meet the percentage criteria for CAT, still you will be able to appear for other entrance exams for MBA to get admission. In such case you should appear for the Xavier Aptitude Test or the Management Aptitude Test.
12th April 2013, 08:16 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
can i apply if i have completed 2nd year bcom ,for the cat exam?

regards
siya
YES, if you have completed your B.COM Second year than you are eligible to apply for the CAT exasm that will be held in the year 2013

NextCAT exams would be held in October and November 2013
Forms would come out in July 2013

Eligibilty to apply for the CAT exams is:

Graduation pass in any stream with minimum 50% marks for General and OBC candidates and minimum 45% marks for the SC/ST candidates.
Final year Graduation students can also apply

Questions are asked from below sections in the CAT written test:

Logical Reasoning
Quantitative Ability
Verbal Ability
Data Interpretation
13th April 2013, 09:13 AM
sanj69
Senior Member+

CAT - Common Admission Test, is an entrance exam conducted by IIM(Indian Institute of Management) for admission to two years Post Graduation Degree MBA(Master of Business Administration) course in IIMs.

There is no requirement of any percentage of marks criteria in any level of education other then Graduation Degree.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree in any stream with 50% marks(45% marks for SC/ST candidate) from a recognised University, can apply for CAT. There is no upper age limit for application to CAT.

As you are now pursing 1st year B.Com., after completion of which you are eligible to apply for CAT.

For more information you may log on to http://www.catiim.in
17th July 2013, 06:28 PM
megayounus786

Quote:
I am Greeshma.

Thanking you,
Yours faithfully,

Greeshma

CAT Eligibility

The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA) (It may also referred to as Persons with Disability (PWD) category)], awarded by any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India. The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelor’s degree would be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/institution from where the candidate has obtained the degree. In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the university/ institution from where they have obtained the bachelor’s degree. In case the university/ institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100. Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. If selected, such candidates will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if he/she submits a certificate latest by June 30, 2013 from the Principal/Registrar of his/her College/Institute (issued on or before June 30, 2013) stating that the candidate has completed all the requirements for obtaining the bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate. IIMs may verify eligibility at various stages of the selection process, the details of which are provided at the website www.catiim.in. Applicants should note that the mere fulfillment of minimum eligibility criteria will not ensure consideration for shortlisting by IIMs.
Prospective candidates must maintain a valid and unique email account and a phone number throughout the selection process.

For more details: http://www.catiim.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?