16th July 2023, 02:53 AM
alexXVR

Am I eligible to appear in the UGC NET exam for Computer Science if completed B.Sc computer science (Honours) and then MSc (Data Science) ?

Am I eligible to appear in the UGC NET exam for Computer Science if completed B.Sc computer science (Honours) and then MSc (Data Science) ?

18th July 2023, 01:02 AM
4700BC

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in the UGC NET exam for Computer Science if completed B.Sc computer science (Honours) and then MSc (Data Science) ?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in the UGC NET exam for Computer Science if you have completed a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field with at least 50% marks. You also need to have a Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
The UGC NET exam is a national-level exam that is conducted by the University Grants Commission (UGC) for the purpose of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and eligibility for Assistant Professorship (AP) in Indian universities and colleges.
The eligibility criteria for the UGC NET exam for Computer Science are as follows:
  • A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field with at least 50% marks.
  • A Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
  • A valid score in the UGC NET exam.
The UGC NET exam is a two-stage exam. The first stage is the Screening Test, and the second stage is the Mains Examination. The Screening Test is a computer-based test (CBT) that is conducted in two sessions. The Mains Examination is a pen-and-paper based exam that is conducted in two parts.
The Screening Test is a qualifying exam, and only those candidates who qualify the Screening Test will be eligible to appear in the Mains Examination. The Mains Examination is a more difficult exam, and only those candidates who score well in the Mains Examination will be eligible for JRF and AP positions.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?