16th March 2013, 02:25 PM
anuneeralgi

Am I eligible to takeup UGC NET exam in computer science? I have completed MSc in computer science

I have completed MSc(Computer Science) from Alagappa University, Karaikudi via distant education with 65%. Am I eligible to takeup ugc net exam in computer science and applications subject.

20th March 2013, 12:25 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to takeup UGC NET exam in computer science? I have completed MSc in computer science

Yes, you have adequate educational qualifications to apply for UGC NET. Master’s degree from any of the recognized University is essential. Minimum percentage of marks is 55%. As you have 65% marks, you can apply for the test. Further details are available in UGC portal.
20th March 2013, 12:30 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to takeup UGC NET exam in computer science? I have completed MSc in computer science

Yes, you have adequate educational qualifications to apply for UGC NET. Master’s degree from any of the recognized University is essential. Minimum percentage of marks is 55%. As you have 65% marks, you can apply for the test. Further details are available in UGC portal.
20th March 2013, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by imira View Post
Thank you very much.
Please suggest me a good book for the NET exam preparation.
20th March 2013, 06:06 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuneeralgi View Post
I have completed MSc(Computer Science) from Alagappa University, Karaikudi via distant education with 65%. Am I eligible to takeup ugc net exam in computer science and applications subject.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test .

UGC conduct this exam twice time in a year in the month June and December .

The Educational Qualification is required for NET Exam is masters degree from recognized university with above 55% marks .

Marks relaxation provide for SC/ST category , needed 50% in masters degree.Final year student are also applicable for NET Exam

You have completed M.Sc(Computer Science) from Alagappa University, Karaikudi Through Distance mode education with 65% .So you are applicable for NET Exam because your university is recognized .

Your department is M.Sc(Computer Science) so you can apply here in NET exam with Computer Science department .I have attached the syllabus for NET exam for Computer Science Department so please check it out.

There is no age criteria for NET Exam.But for JRF your age should be below 28 years old.

For more details about NET exam click on the link http://www.ugc.ac.in
Attached Files
File Type: doc NET Computer science syllabus.doc(68.0 KB, 568 views)
20th March 2013, 09:18 PM
n122

Hello buddy,

Yes offcourse you are eligible for the UGC NET exam

Since your Post graduation percentage is more than 55% therefore you are eligible for the UGC NET EXAM

Some of the main eligibility criteria for UGC NET EXAM are as follows::

>>Post graduation from any recognized university

>>Age should not be more then 28 years

>>Minimum marks required in Post graduation is 55%

>>For reserved category minimum marks required is 50%

Paper pattern is shown in figure

Last year cut of list is shown in figure

Hope that helps

n122
20th March 2013, 10:26 PM
sandeep.verma12d

Quote:
yes you can, the exam NET means national eligibility test conducted in june and also in december by university grant council, minimum qualification is of 55% and you have even more than 55 also from an recognized university. so all the best for your exam
21st March 2013, 12:14 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to takeup UGC NET exam in computer science? I have completed MSc in computer science

Quote:

Dear Friend,

NET stands for National Eligibility Test .

yes , you are eligible for UGC NET in computer Science After completed your M.SC in computer science....

A candidate must have completed their Post Graduate Degree with at least 55% from Recognized Universities. there are Relaxation Available for SC/ST category....

Final years students also apply for uit....

No Age Limit for Applying NET....

But for Junior Research Fellowship Post age not Exist 28 years this exam.....

For more details :

I have attached the syllabus for NET exam for Computer Science....

All the best........
Attached Files
File Type: doc Computer science syllabus.doc(68.0 KB, 130 views)
21st March 2013, 03:30 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Surely you are eligible for UGC NET because you have the required qualifications.

For UGC NET one should have Post Graduation Degree with 55% marks from a recognised University.

For SC/ST there is 5% relaxation of marks means only 50% required for them for UGC NET.

So you don't have to worry about eligibility and should start preparing for UGC NET.

There is no age limit if you are applying for UGC NET but if you are thinking of getting JRF then you must qualify NET before 28 years of age.

The examination of UGC NET will have three papers and you have to score top marks in it to get the NET scorecard.

First paper will be a common paper for everyone and second and third paper will be related to your field of education. In your case the subject will be computer sciences.

So be well prepared for UGC NET if you want to become a lecturer.

For more information visit http://www.ugcnetonline.in
21st March 2013, 03:38 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear Anu,

The acronym for UGC is University Grants Commission.

The acronym for NET is National Eligibility Test.

Yes, you are eligible for UGC NET examination.

NET examination is conducted every year in the June and December months by UGC.

NET examination is conducted for the posts of:-

* JRF(Junior Research Fellowship).

* Lectureship.

The eligibility criteria required for the NET examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of post-graduation in any track with 55% marks from any accredited college or university.

* Final year contendors are also eligible for this examination.

* 50% marks required for SC/ST contendors.

* Age limit:- 21-28 yrs - JRF.
No age bar for Lectureship.

* Nationality:- Indian.

NET examination pattern:-

22nd March 2013, 11:03 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

YES, you are eligible to apply for the UGC NET exams.
UGC NET exams are held in month of June and December each year

Next UGC NET exams would be held in June 2013
Forms will come out in April 2013

Eligibilty to apply is:
Post Graduation pass
Minimum 55% marks in Post Graduation for the General and OBC candidates
Minimum 50% marks for the SC/ST candidates
25th April 2013, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

i am prusuing m.tech in cse giving examination of First year... am i eligible for UGC NET ???
30th January 2014, 11:15 AM
Unregistered

i have completed b.tech in computer science..btech is equivalent to mca..so am i eligible for UGC NET ??
23rd August 2014, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

shaziya

I have completed M.tech(Computer Science) from ksou University, via distant education with 65%. Am I eligible to takeup ugc net exam in computer science and applications subject.
30th July 2015, 08:12 PM
Unregistered

Are M.E Computer Science and Engineering graduate eligible for UGC NET exam?
15th October 2015, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to takeup UGC NET in ComputerSciencs?I have completed BE ComputerScience.
8th April 2016, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to give UGC NET exam in computer science?I have completed the B.E. in computer science
11th November 2016, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

I am qualified SET MY master degree is MSC IT and l I had MPhil computer science degree my doubt is MSC IT is not be problem in future or have i do MSC CS clarify me please
15th January 2017, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

I have done MTECH in INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY via distance education .Am I eligible to appear for net in computer science
13th February 2017, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

Hey i have done bcom(hons) in graduation now what master`s degree should I pursue MCA OR M.sc(Computer Science) if I want to be a computer lecturer??
21st May 2017, 10:22 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to give UGC NET exam in computer science as I have completed MCA (3rd sem) .
15th June 2017, 08:31 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my graduation in BCA and i am studying MBA second year. So i can apply UGC NET exam in computer science.
24th July 2017, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to takeup UGC NET exam in computer science? I have completed B.tech in computer science
10th May 2018, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

Default I have completed my B.Tech and M.Tech in ECE, I want to do reseach in CSE. May I eligible for applying CBSC NET in CSE?

I have completed my B.Tech and M.Tech in ECE, I want to do reseach in CSE. May I eligible for applying CBSC NET in CSE?
6th February 2022, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my B.Tech(Computer Science and Engineering) and M.Tech(Data Science and Engineering), Am I eligible for applying CBSC NET in CSE?
11th September 2022, 04:39 PM
Mythreyi1990

Yes, you are eligible for UGC NET exam for computer science

No age limit of the candidate

Who have got master degree with recognized university with 55% marks

For SC/ST 50% marks .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?