29th March 2015, 05:28 PM
arjun.king

Am I eligible to apply in Indian Economics Service after completing B.A.(Economics)?

Hello,
I would like to know that after
completing B.A. in Economics I can
able to apply in Indian Economics Service?
Please let me know as soon as possible.
With Regards-

5th April 2015, 07:31 PM
kunalroy89

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply in Indian Economics Service after completing B.A.(Economics)?

No you are not eligible as of now.
Indian Economic Service exam is conducted by UPSC every year.

The educational qualifications required for the exam are Post Graduate Degree from a recognised university in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics.

The age limit for the exam is 21-30years on 1st January of the year.

The exam is conducted around November and notification comes around June.
Exam is conducted for 1000marks with 100 marks paper on English and 100 General studies.
Rest 4 exams of 200 marks are each of Economics.
Upon success in the written exam,Interview is conducted for 200 marks and then final selection.
Check the website of UPSC to get previous year papers and other details at www.upsc.gov.in
5th April 2015, 09:02 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply in Indian Economics Service after completing B.A.(Economics)?

Indian Economic Service / Indian Statistical Service entrance exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission once every year.

The eligibility criteria for this entrance exam is as below:

For Indian Economic Services:

Minimum of master's degree in the stream economics or applied economics or business economics or econometrics from a recognized university.

For Indian Statistical Service:

Post Graduate Degree in statistics or applied statistics or mathematical statistics.

Those who are in final year of qualifying exam that is in final year of master's degree can also apply for the exam but they need to submit proof of degree with detailed application form.

The age criteria is 21-30 years on the 1st January of year of examination. Relaxation upper age limit applicable to candidates of reserved category.

As per eligibility criteria, you are not eligible for the Indian Economic Services after completing bachelor's degree in Economics.

First you need to pursue your master's degree in any of the stream mentioned above then only you can apply for the exam.

For any more details about this exam click here.
5th April 2015, 09:04 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible for the Indian Economic Services after bachelor's degree in economics as the minimum requirement for this exam is :

>>Master's degree in economics/business economics/applied economics or econometrics.

Final year candidates can also apply for the exam.

So, first complete your master's degree then only you can appear for the exam.
6th April 2015, 12:02 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjun.king View Post
Hello,
I would like to know that after
completing B.A. in Economics I can
able to apply in Indian Economics Service?
Please let me know as soon as possible.
With Regards-
No, you are not eligible for Indian Economics Service exam because you have completed B.A degree in Economics.

Those candidates who have completed Post graduate degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics course from a recognized University are eligible for Indian Economics Service 2015 exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years. Age relaxation is provided for reserved category candidates.

Pattern for Indian Economics Service exam:-

(a)General English :- 100 Marks
(b)General Studies :- 100 Marks
(c)General Economics-I :- 200 Marks
(d)General Economics-II :- 200 Marks
(e)General Economics-III :- 200 Marks
(f)General Economics :- 200 Marks
6th April 2015, 10:08 AM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Sorry to say you are not eligible for Indian Economics Service exam.

The combined competitive exam for recruitment to Grade IV officers of the services of Indian Economic and Indian Statistic is conducted by the UPSC.

To appear in this exam you have to complete post graduate degree from a recognized university in Economics or Applied Economics or Business Economics or Econometrics.

Candidate's age should be above 21 years and below 30 years. SC/ST candidates are allowed 5 years relaxation in upper age limit, while OBC candidates get 3 year relaxation.

There are two part in this exam. Part I is written exam carrying a maximum of 1000 marks. The exam is of conventional type.
Part II is viva-voce of such candidates as may be called by the Commission, carrying a maximum of 200 marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?