5th February 2013, 10:37 PM
nazneenakhtar

Am I eligible to apply for NET entrance exam after completing MSc in Chemistry from distance education

as I am completed Msc in chemistry from distance education. weather I am qualified to apply NET exam

Related Questions:
  1. How to do MSc Chemistry in distance education after completing B.Tech ECE?
  2. Is MSc chemistry distance education conducted by Annamalai University
  3. How to apply for NET entrance exam after completing MSc Chemistry through correspondence
  4. Can I apply for CSIR-NET after distance exam in M.Sc.? What is the syllabus for the exam?
  5. Which are the distance education centers available for the courses in MSc Chemistry and MSc Applied Chemistry?
  6. How to do MSc chemistry, botany through distance education?
  7. Can I apply for NET exam after MSc Psychology Madras University distance education?
  8. Is it a good choice to do MSc from distance education after graduating from Chemistry?
  9. Am I eligible for NET exam after completing MSc in Distance Mode with 65%?
  10. Am I eligible for MSc in Chemistry after completing BSc with PCM group
  11. Can I pursue M.Phil in chemistry from any institute through distance course? I have completed MSc in Chemistry -- [New]
  12. Am I eligible to write the TRP exam after completing MSc(Bio Chemistry), M.Ed(Education)?
  13. Am I eligible to join M.Sc in Chemistry in Distance Learning being a candidate having completed B.Sc course in the year of 2007?
  14. Will I be eligible to apply for government job after passing MSc Chemistry?
  15. How to do Ph.D through distance education after completing MSc in Polymer Chemistry
  16. NET exam after MCA from distance education and M.Phil with 68% and 63% marks respectively? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Am I eligible for NET exam after completing UG through distance education
  18. Am i eligible for NET exam after doing MSc Maths from Chitrakoot University by distance education?
28th April 2013, 06:03 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NET entrance exam after completing MSc in Chemistry from distance education

Yes, you are eligible to apply, provided you have obtained the qualification from a recognized University. Master’s degree is the necessary qualification of NET. The qualification must be obtained with a minimum of 55% marks. There is no upper age limit for lectureship. Upper age limit for JRF is 28 years.
28th April 2013, 10:41 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to apply for NET entrance exam after completing MSc in Chemistry from distance education

Dear Aspirant ,

Yes....You can apply for PGT exams with an M.Sc degree. Candidates who have done M.SC as a distance course are also fully eligible to apply for PGT exams. But, they should take up PG course from a recognized institute. Post graduation is the eligibility criterion in order to attend PGT exams. Also you should score 50% marks in PG course. Along with a PG degree, candidates should also hold a B.Ed degree. Candidates will get admission for B.Ed only if you qualify B.Ed entrance exam and obtain a reasonable score in this exam.

With Regards ,
MS
29th April 2013, 10:09 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NET entrance exam after completing MSc in Chemistry from distance education

You are qualified to appear for the National Eligibility Test. However there are various requirements that you must meet to appear for the National Eligibility Test. I will write these requirements below.

To clear your doubt let me point out that you can appear for NET with post graduation degree completed through distance education. There is no such rule that prohibits distance education degree holders from appearing for the entrance exam.

You simply have to ensure that the college from where you completed post graduation is recognized by the University Grants Commission. If it is recognized then there is no issue, however if it isn't then you can not appear for NET entrance exam.

This rule remains the same for candidates who completed post graduation through regular mode or distance edcuation mode. Your college should be recognized by the University Grants Commission.

NET Eligibility

1. Master degree holders can appear for NET.

2. They should have at least 55 percent marks in master degree.

3. SC/ST need 50 percent in the post graduation course.

4. You can also appear during final year of PG course.

5. After which you must submit the degree within 2 years or face disqualification.

6. Your subject for NET will be determined from PG course.

7. There is no limit on number of attempts to clear NET exam.

8. The age limit is 28 for JRF.

9. Upto 3 years relaxation for OBC candidates.

10. SC/ST can appear for JRF till 33 years.

11. There is no upper age limit for lectureship. However candidate should be older than 19 years.
30th April 2013, 12:25 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

Yes ,why not ,you are eligible for the National eligibility test after completing your master's degree in chemistry in distance education mode as master's degree is the minimum requirement for it but you should ensure the following two things:

>>First you should have secured minimum of 55% in your post graduation.If SC/ST then 5% relaxations will be provided to you.

>>Second your university must be recognized by the University Grants Commission and the distance education council.

If you are below 28 years then you can apply for the both

1.Junior research fellowship

2.Lectureship.

However for lectureship there is no restriction on upper age limit for candidate of any category.

You can attempt the NET exam as many times as possible till you become successful.

If you are interested in giving the NET examination which will be held in June 2013,the online applications are going on .You too can apply for it.

For applying online ,please click here

Hope the information helps as well as satisfies you .If you have any other query regarding this please leave it here .We will reply you as soon as possible .

All the best for you career.

aashisranjan784
30th April 2013, 03:54 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazneenakhtar View Post
as I am completed Msc in chemistry from distance education. weather I am qualified to apply NET exam
Yes you can apply

You have to apply for the CSIR-NET exams

CSIR NET Exam is conducted for:
Lecturership
Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)

Educational Qualifications for the CSIR-NET exams is:
M.SC pass
Minimum 55% marks in M.SC for the General and OBC candidates
Minimum 50% marks for the SC/ST candidates

Age Limit:

Lectureship-No age limit
JRF-maximum age to apply is 28 years
OBC/WOMEN/SC/ST candidates can apply till 33 years
30th April 2013, 04:30 PM
dyco

Dear,

as per details mentioned by you, you are an M.Sc. in chemistry. Now to be eligible for NET Exams, you need to fulfill some criteria, as follow -

- From the institution, you have done Master's must be a Recognized Institute..

- You must have secured not less than 55% in your PG. If you are a reserved category candidate then 50% is a must

-Your age must be below 28 years. Age relaxation is provided to the reserved category candidates.

With Regards
30th April 2013, 05:32 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazneenakhtar View Post

Dear Aspirant,

Yes, Off Course as you have mention that you have completed your Master in the Science that is M.Sc Degree then you can surely apply for this Exam....

NET stands for the National Eligibility Test and it is Conducted bu UGC (University Grant Commission) twice time years......

Requirement for Being applicable is just a candidate should have completed their Post Graduation/ Master Degree in any Discipline From UGC Valid Universities can apply for it....

Eligibility and Criteria:-

1. A candidate who have completed their PG or Master Degree in any field can apply for it...

2. Pursuing Final year of PG can also applicable....

3. A candidate should have secure at least 55% in their Study....

4. Age of candidate for JRF Post should not exist 28 years....

5. There is NO any age limit for Lecturer Post.....

6. Relaxation on upper age for JRF Post as per Government rule provided....

7. Maximum 2 years gap between Degree completed are eligible....

You can download all previous years Question paper from Here: Click Here

All the best

With Regards.......
Dharm
30th April 2013, 06:31 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have got 55% marks in your Post Graduation then you will be definitely eligible for UGC NET.

If you are SC/ST then you will get 5% of age relaxation in marks means only 50% is required for UGC NET.

The distance learning University should be recognised then only your Post Graduation will be considered fit for UGC NET.

UGC NET is conducted for Lecturership and Junior Research Fellowships. Those who qualify it will be eligible Lecturership and JRF(28 years maximum age).

So apply for it if you satisfy above criteria.

For more information visit http://www.ugcnetonline.in

30th April 2013, 10:46 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,

Eligibility for NET :

Candidates must have passed master's degree with more than 55% marks

Age limit :

There is no upper age limit for lectures.
A candidate must not have more than 28 years for junior researchers and 5years relaxation for scheduled castes will be allowed.

Exam fee
:

rs 450/- for general candidates
rs 225/- for backward castes
rs 110/- for sc/st
The challan form for the exam should be downloaded from UGC website.

all the best.................
4th July 2013, 11:15 AM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for net exam doing m.sc in applied chemistry.. What is the pattern of exam in it ??
24th September 2013, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

After completing MSc computer science . can we take only computer science or it is possible to take another subject for lecturship.
27th June 2014, 02:27 AM
amangoenka123

Hello Sir,
My name is Aman Goenka. I have done PGDM (Finance) through Correspondance Cours from Welingkar Institute which is recognised to UGC & DEC. Can i apply for NET exam, if not what are other possible course can i pursue.
12th August 2014, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

I will be appearing my M.Com(Banking) final year exam this december through Distance Education from Dibrugarh University.Will I be eligible for NET entrance Exam?
11th October 2014, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

I am a general b.sc ( without hons) with physics; chemistry and mathematics...and then I do m.sc in distance....am I eligible for net?
10th February 2015, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

if a candidate have Master degree from distance education, then he is eligible or not for apply in PGT IN Uttar pradesh or other central college for PGT post
11th August 2015, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir,
i have completed my masters in political science with 55% marks but i have completed my degree from IGNOU in three years . Am i still eligible for net?
17th September 2015, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for lecturership after completing post graduation (M.A. economics) from distance education / Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University
12th July 2017, 10:17 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for NET entrance exam after completing MSc in applied chemistry.?
5th September 2017, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir My qualification is M.sc chemistry i am eligible for NET exam. But which subject optional will take?
28th April 2018, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

I want to ask whether I am eligible or not for NET exam after completing my pg from Applied Chemistry.
23rd July 2019, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for NET Entrance examination after completing MSc in Applied Psychology from regular education??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?