30th October 2015, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for SBI PO post exam if I am current year passed out student from college?

Hii
I am susmitha pursuing btech 4 th year. As we are having no clear information for the eligibility of passed outs for sbi Po recruitment test , please provide us the information as it will be very helpful for us. Though I am a student of btech stream I don't think so that it is my destimation point . So please provide the clear information.
Thanking you
Susmitha

Related Questions:
  1. What are the jobs for B.Com students?
  2. Am I eligible to apply for SBI PO post if I have 49% marks in Graduation?
  3. Am I eligible to apply for current SBI PO exam? I am studying final semester of B.Tech
  4. Am I eligible to apply for SBI Po entrance exam after completing BCA graduation?
  5. Can I apply for SBI Clerk Exam pursuing final year of BCA course? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Am I eligible to apply for SBI PO exam after scoring 53% marks in UG and 66% in PG? What is the eligibility?
  7. Interview questions for Clerical Post in SBI? I have passed SBI exam
  8. Can I apply for SBI Clerk Exam being a final year student of B.Sc in Maths if I my Graduation result is announced before the announcement of result of SBI Clerk Exam?
  9. Am I eligible to apply for any post in Air Force after passing 12th with 56%?
  10. Can I apply for SBI PO Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year BCA? When will I be able to apply for this Exam?
  11. Am I eligible to apply for SBI Bank PO entrance exam?
  12. If I pass BSc Biotech with first division then will I be eligible to apply for AIIMS entrance exam?
  13. Can i give SBI bank exam after passing 12th class from commerce side?
  14. Engineering 7th semester student is eligible for SBI Clerk exam?
  15. is 4th year B.Tech. student eligible for SBI PO and PO(Rural Business) exam?
  16. What is the eligibility for the post of tech signal grade II
  17. Am I eligible to apply for IBPS and SBI bank exam after completion of post graduation from DU open learning?
  18. How can I apply for SBI Bank PO? I am a B.Tech final year student in 8th standard
31st October 2015, 08:01 AM
18Angel
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for SBI PO post exam if I am current year passed out student from college?

You want to know about the information for SBI PO.PO stands for Probationary Officer.

Eligibility Criteria:- Graduate in any discipline from recognized university with minimum 60% marks for general category candidates & 55% marks required to SC candidates .The reservation is applicable to sc candidates according to Government rules.

Age should be 21 to 30 years for general category candidates.
Age should be 21 to 33 for OBC candidates.
Age should be 21 to 35 for SC candidates.

Exam Pattern: - It has divided into two categories .
Preliminary
Mains

Exam should be objective type on written basis.The selection of the candidates on the basis of exam & interview.

The subjects includes in this exam are as given below:-
Reasoning - Verbal & Non verbal
Mathematics
General English
Mathematics
Computer & Marketing Ability
31st October 2015, 09:41 AM
sanju0770

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for SBI PO post exam if I am current year passed out student from college?

Every Graduate or every person who is in the final year of his examination is eligible for the SBI PO Exam. Exam is conducted generally once in a year and every year around 30-35 lac candidate sit for the exam. You have said in you question that you are currently in your final year of your B.Tech so you are absolutely eligible for the exam.

Eligibility :-

1. Final year or graduate can apply
2. Age must be between 21-30 years
3. Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply
4. Please note that other available benefits are given as per the reservation rules.
5. Degree must be full time

Hope it will help
31st October 2015, 09:44 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidates pursuing in 4th year are eligible to appear for the examination in the 2016.

The required eligibility to appear for the examination is candidates must have passed the graduation from the recognised university. Candidates must have their age between the 21-30 years and relaxation for the reserved category.

The examination is conducted in the three stages and the candidates have to qualify in all the stages for the final recruitment.
31st October 2015, 11:39 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

SBI Bank PO examination is conducted by SBI ( which is one of the most reputed and trusted nationalized bank of India ) for the recruitment of probationary officer in their different branches across the India.

Yes being a pass out or final year student of your graduation degree course ( irrespective of stream or marks secured in the same ) you are definitely eligible for appearing in SBI bank PO examination on the basis of educational qualification required but you need to fulfill some other criteria too which are as following :-

--> You must have the nationality of India.

--> Your age must be within 21 years to 30 years in case you are general category. In case you are belong to reserved category then you will be provided with the facility of age relaxation as per the government norms.

--> You must have the knowledge of working on computer as the banking works are becoming digital. Also you need to have good communication skills.

The examination is organized in three stages which are called as Preliminary test, Mains and Personality Assessment Test ( Interview ).

You can also go for IBPS bank examinations that too requires the same eligibility criteria for your recruitment in other nationalized banks of India.

For more updates and details about the same examinations you can log on to their respective official links that are www.sbiexam.in or www.ibps.in.
31st October 2015, 12:16 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for the SBI PO examination conducted by the SBI every year for the recruitment of candidates in the bank.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is candidates must have passed the graduation from the recognised university and age between the 21-30 years with the relaxation in the upper age limit for the reserved category.

So you can appear for the examination. The examination is conducted in the written as well as interview stages. The written paper contains the preliminary as well as mains both.
31st October 2015, 12:17 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hii
I am susmitha pursuing btech 4 th year. As we are having no clear information for the eligibility of passed outs for sbi Po recruitment test , please provide us the information as it will be very helpful for us. Though I am a student of btech stream I don't think so that it is my destimation point . So please provide the clear information.
Thanking you
Susmitha
After completion of graduation degree, you can apply for SBI PO exam.

If you have completed your graduation degree from a recognized university then you are eligible for SBI PO exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

Age relaxation -

SC/ST – 5 Years
OBC-3 Years
People with disability (PWD) –Gen- 10 years
PWD-SC/ST -15 years
PWD-OBC-13 Years

Best books for SBI PO exam:-

A Comprehensive Guide For State Bank Of India Probationary Officer Recruitment Examination – 2011
by Sachchida Nand Jha
Publisher: Upscportal Publications

SBI probationary officers and associate banks Examination Guide
by R. Gupta
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House-Delhi

State Bank Probationary Officers Examination
by T.S. Jain
Publisher: Upkar Prakashan

SBI P O Solved Papers
by G.K.P.
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd
31st October 2015, 07:04 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for the SBI Probationary officer exam:

~~Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for the PO exam but the candidate must get the provisional certificate of graduation on or before first June of year of examination.

So if you appear for the SBI PO exam in 2016, you must get your provisional marksheets and certificate before 01/06/2016.

The age limit is 21-30 years. Relaxation applicable to candidates of reserved category.
31st October 2015, 07:25 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

SBI stands for State Bank of India. SBI is a popular public sector bank. IBPS will conduct common entrance exam for the recruitment of PO positions across all public sector banks. But SBI is the only bank which is not listed under IBPS and SBI will conducts its own Entrance Exam and selection procedure.

Every year SBI will release notifications for the recruitment of PO positions to SBI and also for its associate banks.

The selection procedure would be
Written Exam (Preliminary)
Main Exam
Group Discussion
Interview

Here is the eligibility criteria to apply for SBI PO Positions.

Academic Qualification :
-One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.
-Candidates who are pursuing final year of Graduation can also apply but they should be able to show the proof of completion of Graduation by the time they appear for Interview.

Age criteria :
Candidates of General category should be in the age group of 21-30 years.
Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category and upto 5 years for the candidates of SC or ST category.
For the candidates with physical disabilities, the relaxation in upper age limit would be 10-15 years.

For this year, the notification is already released and the last date to apply for the Written Test was already over.

As you pursuing final year of B.Tech course, you can apply for SBI PO Exam of upcoming year. The notification will be released may be in the month of April or May.

So, you have good amount of time in your hands to prepare for this Exam. Make most out of this time. Practice previous year papers and know the pattern. Practice is very much essential for the candidates especially to Bank Exams.

Have good preparation for the Entrance Exam and crack it.
31st October 2015, 07:30 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Any graduate or final year candidate of any discipline from a recognized university is eligible to apply for the State Bank of India Probationary officer exam. Those who are in final year can also apply but their result must be declared within the specified dates of SBI given in notification of every year.

You can apply for the SBI PO exam being a final year candidate of bachelor of technology.

2015 SBI PO exam is over now. You can wait for the 2016 SBI PO exam notification. Age limit is 21-30 years
31st October 2015, 08:51 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes absolutely you are eligible for SBI PO Examination. But you need to do is should have submit the Original certificates of graduation at the time of Interview. So if possible to submit the OD at the time of Interview you are absolutely eligible for SBI PO.

The selection process has been completely changed from this year onwards. The details about the selection process is being given here.

<> Prelims

<> Main's

<> Group Discussion

<> Interview.
31st October 2015, 09:05 PM
kachhadiyaramesh

No.You are not eligible to apply for SBI PO exam as you have not completed your bachelor degree.You can apply for SBI PO after completiom of your B.E.

Eligibility SBI PO
- You must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized university.
- Age Limit : 21 to 30 Years.Relaxation applicable 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST.

Selection
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
- Interview

Paper Pattern
- English : 30 Questions
- Quantitative Aptitude : 35 Questions
- Reasoning : 35 Questions
- Each question carry 1 mark & 0.25 Nagative mark for each wrong answer

Important Dates
- Start Online Application : 13/04/2015
- Last Date to Apply : 02/05/2015
- Online SBI PO Exam : 21st , 22nd , 27st , 28th June , 2015
- Main Exam : 01/08/2015
31st October 2015, 09:23 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hii
Thanking you
Susmitha
Yes you can give this exam after completing graduation. It will be wise to start preparing for it from the final year to get a hang of the exam pattern.

SBI PO Eligibility Criteria:-
  • You need to get the degree from a recognized university.
  • The minimum percentage to obtain has not been mentioned so if you have the pass marks then count yourself in.
  • Your age should not be less than 21 years when applying for this exam. For general category candidates the upper age limit is 30 years.
  • There is age relaxation for the reserved category candidates. It is 5 years for SC/ST candidates, 3 years for OBC candidates and 10 years for persons with disabilities.
Exam Pattern:-
  • English language - 50 marks
  • General awareness, Marketing and computers - 50 marks
  • Data analysis and interpretation - 50 marks
  • Reasoning - 50 marks
Official Website: http://www.statebankofindia.com/
1st November 2015, 02:50 PM
Mohit.Bansal

SBI PO stands for State Bank of India Probationary Officer. The exam is conducted for the graduates.

Eligibility Criteria-

>>Educational Qualification- Candidates must have completed or appearing in final year of graduation in any stream from recognised college or university with minimum 60% marks for general candidates and 55% marks for SC candidates.

>>Age Limit-
1. General Candidates-21 years to 30 years
2. OBC candidates-21 years to 33 years
3. SC/ST candidates- 21 years to 35 years

There is also reservation in SBI PO exam according to government rules and regulations.
1st November 2015, 03:18 PM
H Rimmy

Still you are pursuing B.Tech final year .So I want to give a suggestion firstly you shoul have to completed your final year in B.tech.After completing graduation you can apply for PO exam as per new amendments in government rules.

Eligibility Criteria- You must have graduate from any recognized university with minimum 60% marks for SBI/IBPS PO exam.

Age should be in between 21 to 30 years.
3 years relaxation for OBC candidates.
5 year relaxation for SC/ST Candida.

Selection Procedure- Written Exam
Interview.
15th November 2015, 03:35 PM
shivani sawarn
Member+

SBI stands for State Bank of India.

PO stands for Probationary Officer.

Yes, you are eligible to apply for SBI PO examination.

SBI conducts bank examination every year for those candidates who want to do job in banking sector.

Eligibility criteria required for the SBI examination:-

* Completion of Graduation in any stream from any recognised university.

* Final year candidates are also eligible.

* Age limit:- 21-30 years.

* Age relaxation:- 3 years for OBC and 5years for SC/ST candidates.

* Nationality:- Indian.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?