1st May 2015, 05:36 AM
Unregistered

Engineering 7th semester student is eligible for SBI Clerk exam?

I am currently presuming my final year(7th sem) in bachelor of engineering in the stream of computer science and engineering.Am i eligible to attend sbi clerk exam?or am i eligible for any other posts in sbi?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to apply for SBI Clerk exam if secured 58% in 12th being a 22 years old candidate? Examination date of next SBI Clerk exam?
  2. Am I eligible to apply for SBI Clerk exam if secured 68% in 12th? Examination date of next SBI Clerk exam?
  3. Am I eligible for TCS campus recruitment? I am a 7th semester student
  4. Am I eligible for JTO Exam being a candidate of Computer Science Engineering pursuing 7th semester?
  5. Am I eligible to take MS exam after doing 7th semester electrical engineering
  6. Am I eligible to take up IES exam while doing ECE?
  7. SBI PO exam eligibility for 8th semester BE student? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. SBI Clerk exam question papers?
  9. Eligibility for a SBI and other Banks Clerk exam?
  10. Training programme in Ashok Leyland for B.Tech(ME) 7th semester student?
  11. Am I eligible to write IES exam while in 7th semester of Mechanical Engineering? In which month is the exam conducted and will it affect my B.E final exam?
  12. Eligibility for SBI Associates banks PO posts after securing 66% of marks till 7th semester of B.Tech and waiting for the 8th semester results?
  13. Will I be eligible for Syntel Campus Recruitment being a candidate of pursuing 7th semester of B.Tech having secured 80% and with 1 backlog?
  14. Procedure to apply for Training in Maruti Suzuki for B.Tech(ME) 7th semester student?
  15. Is 7th semester B.Tech student eligible for recruitment in various companies?
  16. Can I apply for SBI Clerk Exam being a final year student of B.Sc in Maths if I my Graduation result is announced before the announcement of result of SBI Clerk Exam?
  17. How can I take training in Oil refinery in Bihar? I am in 7th semester
  18. Trainee in NTPC for B.Tech (EE) student in 7th semester?
4th May 2015, 11:50 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Engineering 7th semester student is eligible for SBI Clerk exam?

No dear you are not eligible to apply for " SBI Examinations " being a Final year student of graduation. But you have to keep in mind that you can start prepare for bank exams from your final year Onwards.

The reason behind for not accepting the final year student is that you have to submit all the certificates (Including final year OD ) at the time of Interview once you qualify in Written Examination.

From this year onwards the pattern of the examination has been completely changed. So you need to carefully look on the Notification.

Eligibility for SBI Clerk :

1.You should complete minimum graduation from the recognized university or any equivalent examination.

2.Minimum Age limit : 18 years

Maximum Age limit : 28 years

3.Final year students of graduation are not eligible to apply for SBI Exams.
5th May 2015, 12:00 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am currently presuming my final year(7th sem) in bachelor of engineering in the stream of computer science and engineering.Am i eligible to attend sbi clerk exam?or am i eligible for any other posts in sbi?
If you have completed your graduation degree from a recognized university then you are eligible for SBI clerk exam. Final year candidates are not eligible for SBI clerk exam.

Age criteria:-

18 to 28 years(SBI clerk)

Age relaxation -

SC/ST – 5 Years
OBC-3 Years
People with disability (PWD) –Gen- 10 years
PWD-SC/ST -15 years
PWD-OBC-13 Years

List of the books for SBI clerk exam:-

SBI Bank Clerical Grade Recruitment Exam Guide
by
Primary
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd (2009)

SBI—Clerical Staff—Previous Papers & Practice Papers (Solved)
by
Editorialrph Board
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House (2010)

SBI Clerical Staff Recruitment Exam
by
R. Gupta's
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House (2011)
5th May 2015, 01:11 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to attend SBI Clerical Written Examinations while pursuing B.Tech (7th Semester). The main reason why you are not eligible for SBI Clerical Examination is " You cannot produce your Provisional and Original degree certificates" at the time of SBI Clerk Interview. Generally candidates are called for Interview after 6th months of conduct of SBI Clerical Online written Examination. As you are currently pursuing 7th Semester now, it takes around 9 or more months to complete your Engineering course. Hence you cannot appear in SBI Clerk Exam now, but I suggest you to start your preparation from now onwards so that you can appear in next year's SBI Clerical Examination. Remember, Final year (Final semester) pursuing candidates are also eligible. Hence if there is any possibility, I suggest you to apply for SBI Clerical Recruitment when you will be in 8th semester.
5th May 2015, 02:54 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Minimum eligibility to apply for SBI Clerk examination 2015 :

Candidate must possess a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university or any other equivalent qualification.

Age of the candidate should not be less than 20 years and more than 28 years and relaxation in upper age as per government guidelines.

05 years for SC/ST and 03 years for OBC category candidates.

You are pursuing 7th semester of your bachelor's of engineering that is why we want to inform you that you are not eligible to apply for this examination.

First of all you need to complete your bachelor's degree then only you will be considered eligible by the SBI CRPD board.

But there is one way you need to walk on, is that first you should join any coaching center to start preparation for SBI clerk examination because exam notice can be released around September of this year to recruit clerks/ assistants in SBI that is why you must be prepared for this examination already.

If you get prepared before the exam and complete your BE with this then you can easily apply for this exam and qualify as well that is why I am suggesting you the right way to get job just after passing bachelor's degree.

You should also give some time to practice yourself for this exam because if you are well practiced and learned everything about the examination subjects and qualifying criteria then it would be easy to pass the test.

Practice should be done through online mode only so that you need to register for online speed test provided by various top level coaching centers such as - Mahendra's Institute, Career Launcher, TIMES Center etc. so register and start speed test.

SBI Clerk examination pattern is following :

Quantitive Aptitude - 40 questions for 40 marks.
Reasoning Ability - 40 questions for 40 marks.
English Language - 40 questions for 40 marks.
Computer Knowledge and Marketing Aptitude - 40 questions for 40 marks.
General and Banking Awareness - 40 questions for 40 marks.

200 objective type questions will be asked in five subjects and qualifying in each subject including total cut off marks is compulsory to be shortlisted for interview process.

Interview process is consist of 35 marks in which a candidate qualifies and gets enough marks for the job in both written and interview then he/she is selected as a clerk in SBI.
6th May 2015, 12:47 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

After the completion of your graduation you're generally eligible for the posts of sbi.
There is no notification regarding the sbi clerical examination but the notification of sbi po examination is out, in which there are 2000 posts and the eligibility criteria is that you should be a graduate till 1st august 2015.
Now if you believe that your final result would be out till 1st august, then you're eligible and if there's no chance of it, then you have to wait for the next vacancy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?