21st August 2017, 09:22 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for WBCS with only 50 percent marks in B.Sc?

Am I eligible to apply for WBCS with only 50 percent marks in B.Sc graduation? Can you please give me the right details on the eligibility criteria which is followed? It will be helpful if you can answer me back soon. Thank you!

25th August 2017, 10:22 PM
starberry

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for WBCS with only 50 percent marks in B.Sc?

Yes, you can apply for WBCS after B.Sc Graduation with 50% marks. WBCS stands for West Bengal Civil Services. This exam is conducted by State every year based upon the open positions in different posts. Eligibility criteria for the exam is as follows-

>> Graduation in any stream from Recognized University

>> Final year students can also apply for the exam

>> Age limit - 21 to 30 years

Selection Pattern

1) Written test
2) Medical test
3) Interview
26th August 2017, 09:32 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of WBCS is West Bengal Civil Services exam.

Eligibility criteria for WBCS exam is:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. With 50% marks in bachelor's degree in science, you can apply for WBCS exam because only passing percentage marks in graduation is required.

2. The age criteria is 21-32 years for open category candidates. Reserved category candidates can available upper age relaxation.

3. No limit on number of attempts in this exam.
27th August 2017, 02:26 AM
manjira...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to apply for WBCS with only 50 percent marks in B.Sc graduation? Can you please give me the right details on the eligibility criteria which is followed? It will be helpful if you can answer me back soon. Thank you!
Yes definitely you are eligible to apply for WBCS with 50% marks in graduation. There is no minimum marks required to apply for the WBCS examination.

WBCS(West Bengal Civil Service) examination is conducted every year by the West Bengal Public Civil Service Commission.

The eligibility criteria for WBCS are

Candidates should have a graduation degree in any discipline form a recognized university.
There is no minimum marks required to write this exam.
Final year candidates can also apply for the exam.

The age of general candidates should be between 21 to 32 years. 5 years for age relaxation is provided for SC/ST candidates and 3 years for the OBC candidates.

The candidates should be Indian citizen.

Selection Procedure:- WBCS examination is conducted in two stages of written exam and personal interview. The test for both levels are conducted online.

Preliminary Examination- The duration is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Mains Examination-The duration is 3 hours including optional paper.
Personal Interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?