1st March 2016, 11:01 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for WBCS and CGL exam after completion of graduation with 49.5% marks?

Am I eligible to apply for WBCS and CGL exam after completion of graduation with 49.5% marks? Can someone please let me know the answer on the same? What would be the minimum eligibility criteria required for the course? Awaiting for the answer.

1st March 2016, 02:21 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for WBCS and CGL exam after completion of graduation with 49.5% marks?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for WBCS and Combined Graduate Level Examinations with 49.5% marks in Graduation. Here is the minimum eligibility criteria required for WBCS and CGL Examinations separately.

West Bengal Civil Service Examination Eligibility Criteria:

>> Candidates must have passed "Graduate Degree" in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> Candidates must be able to read, write and Speak Bengali

>> The minimum Age required to be eligible is 21 years and the maximum age must not exceed 32 years.

>> As you have successfully passed Graduate Degree, I am sure you are eligible to apply for WBCS Examination.

Combined Graduate Level Examination Eligibility Criteria:

>> Here also, for almost all the posts the minimum qualification required for Combined Graduate Level Examination is "Graduate Degree" PASS except for Statistical Investigator and Auditor posts.

>> As there is no certain percentage required, you are certainly eligible with the above mentioned percentage.
1st March 2016, 05:21 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for WBCS and CGL exam after completion of graduation with 49.5% marks?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for WBCS and CGL exam after completion of graduation with 49.5% marks.

WBCS stands for West Bengal Civil Service Examination.

Eligibility Criteria :-

-The candidate must be a citizen of India.

-The candidate should have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized college or university .

-The candidate should have ability to read, write and speak Bengali (not required for recruitment in the case of candidates from hill areas of the district of Darjeeling, i.e. for Nepali speaking candidates).

-The candidate age should be in between 21 years to 32 years as on the 1st January of the year of examination for services and posts included in Group ‘A’, ’C’ and ‘D’. Age is relaxed for OBC candidate of WB by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates of WB.The upper age limit is relaxable upto 45 years for Persons with Disabilities (PWD). S.C./S.T./B.C. candidates of other States shall be treated as general candidates.

-The selection procedure consists of three stages,namely;

* Preliminary Examination (Objective Type),

* Mains Examination (Conventional Type),

* Personal Interview & Group Discussion.

SSC conducts CGL exam every year to recruit personnel to Group B Governmental Posts, Group C Technical Post and more.

The eligibility criteria for SSC CGL exam are as under :-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The candidate must have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.

-The candidate age limit to apply for the exam is from 18 years to 27 years.There is age relaxation for reserved category as per the norms of government rules.
1st March 2016, 06:06 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

According to the eligibility criteria mentioned in the notifications of above mentioned exams there is no need to worry about percentage because there is no limit.

You just need pass marks in your degree to become eligible for these two exams. Just make sure that you have completed the degree from a recognized university.
1st March 2016, 07:41 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

Yes, you are very much eligible to apply for WBCS and CGL examination after having completed your graduation with 49.5% in aggregate as the minimum eligibility requirement in order to be eligible for it is that a candidate should have completed his/her graduation in any stream without having any pending backlogs.
1st March 2016, 07:44 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are very much eligible to apply for WBCS and CGL examination after completion of your graduation with 49.5%.

The minimum eligibility required for any candidate in order to appear for the above mentioned examination is that the candidate should have completed graduation in any stream.
1st March 2016, 11:52 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Yes, candidate passed graduation degree with passing percentage are eligible to appear for CGL and WBCS examination.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed graduation degree from any recognised university.

So, you can appear for examination. Candidates have to qualify in all stages of examination for final selection. For more information about examination visit at http://www.ssc.nic.in. and http://www.pscwb.org.in
2nd July 2016, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

I have just completed my graduation in English honours with 49.25%. so, kindly inform me whether i am eligible to apply for W.B.C.S examination or not
6th July 2016, 12:12 PM
Sri Kavya Ketagani

WBCS stands for West Bengal Civil Service.

You are eligible to appear for WBCS exam if you fulfill the following criteria-

->You must be a citizen of India.

->Educational qualification: You must possess a degree from any recognized university and you must be able to read, write and speak Bengali(not required for candidates from hill areas of Darjeeling).

->Age limit: Your age must be in between 21 to 32 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?