30th May 2013, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for BDS after scoring 49% in HSc? I have passed 12th with PCBM subject

Am I eligible for BDS after scoring 49% in HSC? I have passed my 12th with subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Maths

31st May 2013, 10:36 AM
gopalasamudrum
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible for BDS after scoring 49% in HSc? I have passed 12th with PCBM subject

Yes, you are eligible to go for BDS. Most of the common entrance test have set a percentage of 50% marks aggregate for PCB(physics chemistry and biology).

There is a separate minimum of 50% marks for Biology. Certain deemed Universities have separate rules and might vary however 50% mark in HSE is considered as the minimum qualification.

For appearing for the exam you need to appear for the common entrance test conducted by various boards.

You need to appear for examination on Physics Chemistry and Biology, Usually objective type questions.

The allotment process is based on the rank obtained during the entrance examination.

The BDS course is a 5 year course. You have to do internship on completing in order to complete the course once completing you can look up on pg and specialize on a particular area of interest.

Reference Books for AIPMT

Study package for Medical Entrance Exam- Tata Mc-graw hill publishers

Biology:

AC Dutta for Botany (Oxford Publication),
Dinesh Biology
MTG (Biology Today) CBSE PMT (Subscription)
NCERT- Biology Part 1 and Part 2
Physics:

Concept of Competition Physics for CBSE PMT by Aggarwals
HC Verma for Physics,
NCERT- Physics Part 1 and Part 2
Physics: CBSE PMT set of 3 Volumes by Anil Aggarwal

Chemistry:

ABC Chemistry
Arihant Organic Chemistry
Dinesh Chemistry
Morrision Boyd for Organic Chemistry
NCERT- Chemistry Part 1 and Part 2

31st May 2013, 05:16 PM
kumar96
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible for BDS after scoring 49% in HSc? I have passed 12th with PCBM subject

If you have 50% marks in Physics,Chemistry and Biology then you can apply for BDS entrance exam.

Eligibility criteria for BDS-

-you should complete the age of 17 years.

The higher secondary examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics or any other elective subjects.

You have all subjects for BDS exam but your marks are less if you have 50% marks in Physics,Chemistry and Biology then you can apply for BDS exam.

5th June 2013, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in bds with 48% biology but the agraggate of PCB is52%,

10th June 2013, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

I got 48.67% in HSC but the aggregate of PCB is 40.67%. can i get admission for BDS in deemed university?

14th June 2013, 02:56 AM
Unregistered

After giving cbse improvement exam and getting 73% marks in aggregate of phy,chem&bio, can i get admission in indian medical. colleges or abroad?

20th June 2013, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

i have passed 12th hsc examination in tamilnadu......................i got a coutoff of 48.3% in pcb ..............can i join bds in deemed university under management kotta..........wil i get any problem in my future

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?