29th October 2017, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to become an IAS while doing 1st year B.Com Computer Science?

Am I eligible to become an IAS while doing 1st year B.Com Computer Science? Can you please let me know the procedure and the steps which I need to follow next? It will be really helpful if you can answer me back soon as possible. Awaiting for the response. Thanks!

Related Questions:
30th October 2017, 07:42 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to become an IAS while doing 1st year B.Com Computer Science?

The full form of IAS is Indian Administrative Services.

UPSC conducts Civil Services examination for IAS.

The eligibility criteria for this examination is:

1. You must be a graduate or in final year of bachelor's degree to apply for Civil Services examination.

2. Age limit is 21-32 years. Upper age relaxation of three years to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates.

You are not eligible to apply for IAS exam while pursuing first year of Bachelor of commerce. You will be eligible for exam in final year of bachelor's degree.
30th October 2017, 08:09 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to become an IAS while doing 1st year B.Com Computer Science?

No, you are not eligible to appear in Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC. The examination is conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

The age limit to appear in examination is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

Final year appearing candidates can also appear in examination. So, you have to wait till final year of course to appear in examination.

The examination is conducted in three stages and candidate have to qualify in all stages for final selection.
30th October 2017, 09:06 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible for recruitment as an Indian Administrative Service. for the requirement it is necessary to qualify in all the stages of Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC.

The examination is conducted in three stages and eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed or appearing for final year examination.

The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper limit for reserved category.

So, you will be not eligible for recruitment as an I.A.S while pursuing any bachelor course.

To get more detail information about UPSC examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in
30th October 2017, 09:17 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to become an IAS officer while doing first year of B.Com Computer Science course. To be eligible to apply for an IAS examination, you should have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university. The age criteria required to apply for an IAS examination is 21 to 32 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules. Since, you have not completed your Bachelor's degree course, you are not eligible to apply for an IAS examination.
30th October 2017, 09:52 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot apply for IAS exam (officially called Civil Services Exam) just after completing 1st year B.Com or while pursuing it.

For appearing in IAS Exam, you must be in final year of your graduation or you must have completed it.

Whether you have pursued B.Com or B.Tech, any graduation course holder candidate is eligible for IAS Exam.

For cracking this exam, you will have to crack three stages i.e.
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Main Exam
  • Personal Interview
30th October 2017, 10:18 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

No first of all you should complete graduation from any of the recognized university. But you are currently pursuing graduation so first of all you have to complete it.

Eligibility criteria required are:-
Candidate must be a graduation degree holder from a recognized university.
Candidate age should be 21 years to 30 years.
Candidate must have scored at least 50% aggregate in graduation.
Candidate must be physically and mentally fit.
30th October 2017, 10:22 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to become Indian Administrative Services officer after doing first year Bachelor of Commerce. The minimum academic qualification required to become IAS officer is bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for the examination.

At present, you are not eligible for exam. You will become eligible for exam in final year of bachelor's degree. The minimum age required to apply for examination is 21 years for candidate of any category.
30th October 2017, 11:30 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that to become as IAS ( Indian Administrative Service ) officer you need to qualify Civil Services examination which is held by UPSC once every year.

Further the minimum educational qualification required for appearing in same examination is a bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of same degree course are also eligible.

So being a B.Com first year candidate you are not eligible to apply for Civil Services examination at present. But once you enter the final year of your same degree course you can apply for the same examination.

For more details regarding Civil Services examination you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in .
31st October 2017, 08:22 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in Civil Services examination ( more commonly known as IAS examination or UPSC examination) are as here under :-

* You must have the citizenship of India.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your graduation degree course in any subject of your choice from a recognized university. Student pursuing final year of their graduation degree course are also eligible.

So it is quite evident from the above mentioned eligibility criteria that being a first year student of bachelor degree course you are not eligible for appearing in Civil Services examination right now. But once you enter final year of your degree course you can apply for the same examination provided you satisfy the other eligibility requirements too.

For more detailed information regarding the same examination you can refer to the official link of UPSC which is www.upsc.gov.in .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?