31st May 2015, 12:14 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to become a IPS officer if I have sight of -1 in both the eyes?

Am I eligible to become a IPS officer if I have sight of -1 in both the eyes? Will that become a threat for me to apply for IPS job? Can you please help give me the information on the same? I wanted to know if I can apply for the IPS job? If so what all steps I would need to follow?

31st May 2015, 09:17 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to become a IPS officer if I have sight of -1 in both the eyes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to become a IPS officer if I have sight of -1 in both the eyes? Will that become a threat for me to apply for IPS job? Can you please help give me the information on the same? I wanted to know if I can apply for the IPS job? If so what all steps I would need to follow?
Yes, you are eligible for IPS exam.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Number of Attempts:-

For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

Physical fitness criteria for IPS exam:-

Height

For Men : 165 cm(AROUND)
For Women :150 cm(AROUND)

OBC /SC/ST :

Male:160 cm and female :145 cm

Chest

Male candidates-84 (+ 5cm).

Female candidates-79cm(+ 5cm).

Eye Sight

For Worse Eye :6/12 or 6/9 distant vision
For good Eye :6/6 or 6/9 distant vision
31st May 2015, 03:22 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to become a IPS officer if I have sight of -1 in both the eyes?

Yes,you are eligible to become a IPS officer if you have sight of -1 in both the eyes .

To become an IPS officer,one has to write Civil Services Exam conducted by UPSC .

The eligibility criteria for the civil services exam are as under:-

-The candidate must be a citizen of India.

-The candidate should have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized college or university with any percentage.

-The candidate age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general category.Age is relaxed for OBC by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

- The eye sight required for a IPS officer are

6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye.

6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye.

- The candidate should not suffer from color blindness or night blindness.

-Civil Services exam constitutes three parts:

* CSAT(Civil Services Aptitude Test)

* Main Exam.

* Interview
31st May 2015, 03:51 PM
maybach

PS(Indian Police Services) recruits through IAS exam only. Based on your score you will be alloted the departmenst i.e. Indian Administrative services or Police services or Forest services.
But you need to understand that the basic eligibility criteria is graduation. Since you have just passed your intermediate so you won't be able to appear for the examination.

Also, -1 is very small power. Even Navy and Airforce and Army accepts up to -4 for their technical officers.

Also, one more thing is that, you can undergo LASIK treatment to get rid of your number. But make sure that the LASIK is not older than 1 year or else it could pose problems.

Otherwise, there are no such obligations for the IPS exam.

Also, the advise is to choose an appropriate graduation course for yourself and then after completing it, prepare for the IAS exam and then strike for IPS.
31st May 2015, 05:42 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

IPS exam stands for Indian Police Service which is conducted by UPSC every year.

You are not eligible for IPS Officer if you have sight of -1 in both the eyes.

Eye sight : 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye. Near vision J 1 for good eye. J2 for worst eye. The correction is by lenses only. High standard for the Colour-blind test. No inherent night blindness. Vision should stereoscopic.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?