12th January 2013, 02:54 AM
jobin_john

Am I eligible for CDS OTA after completing B.Com 2nd year examination

Hi sir
my name is jobin and i've just completed my bcom 2nd year examination. am 23years old now. am i eligible for CDS OTA? it would be your kindness if you can guide me a little bit
Regards
Jobin John

12th January 2013, 08:31 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for CDS OTA after completing B.Com 2nd year examination

You are eligible for CDS OTA after completion of B.Com. final year.

CDS - Combined Defence Service, the exam for which is conducted by UPSC twicw every year as CDS-I and CDS-II for an entry in to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy.

The eligible candidate aspiring for Indian Military Academy(IMA) and Officer's Training Academy(OTA) of CDS, must be an Indian national having either appar for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 25 years with good Physical and Mental health.

As your 23 years you are eligible to apply for OTA of CDS in the 3rd year of B.Com.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
12th January 2013, 10:18 AM
denwer1

Smile Re: Am I eligible for CDS OTA after completing B.Com 2nd year examination

COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE

The combined defence examination is conducted twice a year by the UPSC for entry into OTA(Officers training academy), IMA(Indian military academy), NA(Naval academy) and AFA(Air force academy).
AGE LIMITS:-
For IMA:- 19 to 24 years.
For AFA:- 19 to 23 years.
For NA:- 19 to 22 years.
For OTA:- 19 to 25 years.

As you are a commerce student then you are eligible for OTA and IMA only. The basic educational qualification is graduate in any discipline from a recognized university. But you can apply to CDS examination only after the completion of your graduation. For details please visit:- http://upsc.gov.in/general/cds.htm
12th January 2013, 10:43 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for CDS OTA after completing B.Com 2nd year examination

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobin_john View Post
Hi sir
my name is jobin and i've just completed my bcom 2nd year examination. am 23years old now. am i eligible for CDS OTA? it would be your kindness if you can guide me a little bit
Regards
Jobin John
No , you are not eligible to apply for the CDS OTA Examination because to applying for this examination , you must have a completed your graduation OR pursing in the final year of degree course then only you are eligible to fill your application form .

According to your age , you are eligible but education qualification wise you are not eligible to apply for CDS OTA Examination . After completing graduation also you have a chance to apply for CDS OTA Examination .

OTA Stands for Officer Training Academy and let see the eligibility criteria for this post ::

You must have passed your under graduate degree (10+2+3 OR 10+2+4) in any discipline from a recognized University or equivalent qualification and do not worry about the percentage bar . All the degree holder are eligible to apply for this examination .

You must have attained the age of 19 years and must not have attained the age of 25 years at the time of appearing for this examination and there is no upper age limits applicable .

There is no specific attempts for OTA Examination , you can attempts any number of times within the framed age limits by the CDS .

OTA Examination is conducted twice in a year by UPSC and the examination is held in the month of February and September .

Exam Pattern :: General knowledge and English Language .

www.upsc.gov.in
12th January 2013, 10:49 AM
sanj69
Senior Member+

No you are not eligible to apply for CDS OTA after completing B.Com. 2nd year as the Graduation Degree is the minimum educational qualification for CDS.

CDS - Combined Defence Service, the exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year to join Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy(OTA).

The eligible candidate wishing to join CDS OTA, must be an Indian National. He should either appeared for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University. He should be within the age of 19 to 25 years with good Physical and Mental Fitness.

For more information you may log on to http://ww.upsc.gov.in
12th January 2013, 11:01 AM
Unregistered

I am a students of M.sc and I want to apper in ias exam current year I want to know is there no optional in ias exam
12th January 2013, 11:24 AM
nitishtrifid

Hello Dear,

you are just completed B.com 2nd year that means you are in the final year so dear you are eligible for CDS OTA . you can apply for this post.

your age is 23 year so you are perfect because the age limit for OTA is 19 year to 25 year.

so my dear friend you are fully eligible for CDS OTA exam

Upcoming CDS exam important date
Notification date 25-05-2013
Last date of form 24-06-2013
Date of examination 08-09-2013

Best Of Luck
12th January 2013, 01:41 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Sorry if you are in B.Com. 2nd year then you have no chance of applying for CDS examination.

One must be atleast in final year of Graduation if he wants to apply for CDS examination. That also if you expect your result before the date mentioned in the notification.

The basic qualification is Graduation so if you don't have the Graduation then you will not be eligible for it.

The age limit for CDS examination is as follows:

Air Force Academy- 19 to 23 years

Naval Academy- 19 to 22 years

Indian Military Academy- 19 to 24 years

Officers Training Academy- 19 to 25 years

You are a non technical Graduate hence you will be only eligible for Indian Army through CDS examination.

Prepare for the examination and apply for it next year. The selection will be based on the performance in the Written Exam, SSB and Medical Examination.

For more information visit http://www. upsc.gov.in
13th January 2013, 03:00 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible for CDS OTA after completing B.Com 2nd year examination

Quote:
Hi sir
Regards
Jobin John

Eligibility For CDS OTA

The Combined Defense Services (CDS) Exam is conducted in Feb and Sept by the UPSC..

Candidates appearing for the Officer's Training Academy(OTA) must satisfy the following criterion :-

>> Candidate must be within the age limit of 19-25 years..

>> Candidate must have completed their graduation in any stream..

Candidates shall be tested on 2 papers :-

>> General Awareness
>> English

You can go through the official website of UPSC which is http://upsc.gov.in for more info..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CDS-1 ENGLISH 2012.pdf(543.5 KB, 60 views)
File Type: pdf CDS-1 MATHS 2012.pdf(729.6 KB, 64 views)
15th January 2013, 02:59 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

[B]
Dear There,

The acronym for CDS is Combined Defence Services.

The acronym for OTA is Officer's Training Academy.

Sorry to say that you are not eligible for CDS OTA as per as your present qualification.

UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) conducts CDS examinations every year.

The eligibility criteria required for CDS OTA are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in any stream from any recognised college or university.

* Age limit- 19-25 yrs.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
16th January 2013, 12:39 PM
Unregistered

sir am in bsc 3rd year.i wnt to join neavy wht can i do sir?plz guide me sir
16th January 2013, 02:12 PM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Red face Re: Am I eligible for CDS OTA after completing B.Com 2nd year examination

Quote:
Hi sir
Regards
Jobin John
COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE

The combined defence examination is conducted twice a year by the UPSC for entry into OTA(Officers training academy), IMA(Indian military academy), NA(Naval academy) and AFA(Air force academy).
AGE LIMITS:-
For IMA:- 19 to 24 years.
For AFA:- 19 to 23 years.
For NA:- 19 to 22 years.
For OTA:- 19 to 25 years.

As you are a commerce student then you are eligible for OTA and IMA only. The basic educational qualification is graduate in any discipline from a recognized university. But you can apply to CDS examination only after the completion of your graduation. For details please visit:- http://upsc.gov.in/general/cds.htm
23rd May 2013, 11:33 AM
Ankur.Sunny

>> CDS - Combined Defence Services

> CDS Examination
is held and conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice in a year.
It is conducted for the aspirants for their recruitment for various academies available :~

• Indian Military Academy (IMA)
• Indian Air Force Academy (IFA)
• Indian Navy Academy (INA)
• Officers' Training Academy (OTA)

~•> CDS Eligibility Criteria :-
>>Firstly, you must know that only unmarried candidates can apply for CDS Examination.
>Married male or female candidates are eligble only for the OTA branch of CDS.

~•> For IMA / OTA :-
• Educational Qualification :~

> You must have completed your graduation level education along with a graduate degree from a recognized University.

• Age Limitation :~
For IMA - The age limit is 19 to 24 years on 1st January or 1st July of that particular examination year.
For OTA - The age limit is 19 to 25 years on 1st January or 1st July of that particular examination year.

~•> For Indian Naval Academy :-

> Graduation from a recognized University or equivalent with Physics or Mathematics as subjects or Bachelor of Engineering.

• Age Limitation :~
> The age limit is 19 to 22 years on 1st January or 1st July of that particular examination year.

~•> For Indian Air Force Academy :-

> B.Sc of a recognized University or equivalent with Physics and/or Mathematics as subjects or Bachelor of Engineering.

•> Age Limitation :~
> The age limit is 19 to 23 years on 1st January or 1st July of that particular examination year.

~•> To apply online for this exam, visit www.upsconline.nic.in.

~•> Selection Process is through :

• Written Test
• Interview for Intelligence and Personality test of such candidates as may be called for interview at one of the services selection centers.

>> For further details regarding CDS and its requirements, you can refer to the official website i.e. http://www.upsc.gov.in
17th May 2015, 12:03 AM
Unregistered

sir I passed b.com 3rd year. but back in accounts in b.com 2nd year. so am I eligible for OTA or IMA. please guide me sir.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?