10th December 2011, 06:56 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for competitive exams conducted by PSC, UPSC etc? I've completed B.Tech civil from JRN RVDU Udaipur through correspondence

i have completed my B.Tech civil from JRN rvdu udaipur through distance mode.i got admission in .is my certificate valid for all compitative exams conduct by states PSC, UPSC etc. for this session RVDU udaipur has all approvals ( DEC , HRD, AICTE ).OR NO.

15th August 2012, 07:32 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for competitive exams conducted by PSC, UPSC etc? I've completed B.Tech civil from JRN RVDU Udaipur through correspondence

I can understand where are you doubting your eligibility. It is because of the fact that you completed B.Tech through correspondence. I get this type of questions a lot these days. The simple answer to your question is that you are eligible for various exams conducted by UPSC and state PSC throughout the year.

Completing the graduation or post graduation through correspondence is hardly an issue when apply for any UPSC entrance exam. There are however other factors like age limit, specific qualification etc which you would have to check separately for each entrance exam but you can be assured that correspondence degree would never be an issue for you while applying for UPSC entrance exams.

With the B.Tech degree you can apply for wide range of UPSC exams. However I am curious that why you are not applying for the Public Sector Undertaking jobs. I think it would be much more beneficial for you comparing to UPSC jobs.

However if you have made up your mind to apply for any UPSC entrance exam, my recommendation to you would be Indian Engineering Service Exam (IES). I recommend this exam because it is related to your field (Engineering) and job options are plenty.

IES Exam Eligibility:

You should be Indian Citizen. This is not going to be an issue.

Age Criteria

Your age should be 21 to 30 years as on the August 1 of examination year.

Relaxation in upper age limit is offered for SC/ST/OBC candidates as per government rules.

Education:

You meet the educational criteria since you have completed B.Tech in Civil Engineering.

The other UPSC exam I would recommend to you would be Civil Service Examination which is for IAS/IPS officer. You can serve the nation by applying for Civil Service Examination.

Eligibility

Age Limit is 21 to 30 years as on the July 1 of examination year.

Candidate should have graduation degree in any stream.

If you can consider any other exam apart from UPSC, may I recommend that you apply for job in Public Sector Undertakings. If you have scored 60 percent marks in B.Tech and have valid GATE score, you can apply for written test conducted separately by each PSU company.
15th August 2012, 07:47 PM
subhangnambardar
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible for competitive exams conducted by PSC, UPSC etc? I've completed B.Tech civil from JRN RVDU Udaipur through correspondence

Yes,you are eligible for various examination in which graduation is the basic criteria.
So, you don't worry about it.
Many other exams like IES and other PSU exams are useful for you.
I recommend this exam because it is related to your field (Engineering) and job options are plenty.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?