23rd December 2019, 11:53 AM
katochshivani

Am I eligible to do PhD after M.Com with 50% score in final?

Hi, I have completed my B.Com followed by M.Com with 50% overall in my final exams. And, I belong to General caste category. So, am I eligible to do PhD now? Is 50% good enough to get enroll in good universities for PhD?

27th December 2019, 08:51 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do PhD after M.Com with 50% score in final?

Eligibility for doing PhD after M.Com:-
You have completed M.Com degree with 50% from a recognised University. So you are not eligible for PhD course.

Those candidate who have completed master's degree from a recognised University are eligible for PhD entrance exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC / ST candidate it is 50% and above in masters degree.
Your age should be below 28 years for JRF.
27th December 2019, 09:52 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do PhD after M.Com with 50% score in final?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for the PhD course after completing master's degree. As you have secured only 50% marks in masters degree which is not sufficient to become eligible for the exam for general category candidates.
The qualification required to apply for PhD course is masters degree from a recognised University with minimum 55% marks for general category and 50% marks for SC/ ST candidate.
Admission to the Phd course is done through entrance exams in some universities and in some other universities without the entrance exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?