29th February 2016, 10:11 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for GATE exam after completion of 3 year diploma in electrical engineering?

Dear sir,

I have completed 3 year diploma in electrical engineering and perusing BA exam so pls describe can I eligible for gate exam... ... Pls provide its solution? I just wanted to know the complete eligibility criteria which is required for the same.

Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to join M.Tech directly after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  2. Am I eligible to do BBA course after completion of diploma in electrical engineering?
  3. Am I eligible for government job after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  4. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in electrical from anna university right after completion of M.E in EEE?
  5. What should I do to study B.Tech in Computer Engineering being an Electrical Diploma engineering student?
  6. Am I eligible to study M.Tech without GATE after completing B.Tech(Electrical Engineering)?
  7. Am I eligible to attend GATE 2015? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Can i write GATE examination after studying Diploma in Mechanical?
  9. Am I eligible to apply for MPSC exam after completion of diploma in Electrical Engineering?
  10. Is it possible for me to get a job in Army or Air Force after completion of diploma in Electrical engineering?
  11. Procedure to take admission in IIT Delhi after completion of Diploma in Electrical engineering?
  12. Courses available to study for a candidate who has completed 10th around 6 years ago?
  13. Which exam I need to apply for to be eligible for B.Tech admission after completion of diploma in electrical engineering?
  14. What can I do after diploma in Electrical engineering?
  15. What should I do after completion of diploma in civil engineering?
  16. Whether Diploma lateral entry students eligible for Railways or not?
  17. Am I eligible for GATE after doing B.E in electrical
  18. Can I do PhD in Agriculture through GATE after completion of B.Tech(Agricultural Engineering)?
29th February 2016, 11:24 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for GATE exam after completion of 3 year diploma in electrical engineering?

No, you are not eligible to appear for GATE ( Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering ). The examination is conducted for admission of candidates in M.tech course or to get jobs in PSU's.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed Bachelor degree in Technology or Engineering to appear for examination from any recognised university.

So, you are not eligible to appear for examination after completing degree and now pursuing B.A.
29th February 2016, 11:25 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for GATE exam after completion of 3 year diploma in electrical engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear sir,

I have completed 3 year diploma in electrical engineering and perusing BA exam so pls describe can I eligible for gate exam... ... Pls provide its solution? I just wanted to know the complete eligibility criteria which is required for the same.

Thanks!
You have completed diploma course so you are not eligible for GATE exam.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then are eligible for GATE exam.

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.
29th February 2016, 12:46 PM
Knowledge World

Sorry,You are not Eligible to write GATE(Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) which is conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and Indian Institutes of Technology because according to GATE exam Eligibility Criteria you should have 4 year degree like BE /B.Tech etc. after +2 and after Diploma you can apper in this exam when you have completed your dual degree.
29th February 2016, 01:02 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Sorry, as per eligibility for GATE examination candidate must have passed diploma from any recognised university.

So, being diploma degree, you are not eligible to appear for examination. So, you need to pursue B.tech degree after diploma to appear for examination.

GATE examination is conducted every year by IIT or IISc.
29th February 2016, 01:21 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

GATE examination is the examination for engineering students conducted every year for the M.tech course the students of final year and pre final year of engineering are eligible for this exam. The complete eligibility criteria is given below:

Students having master degree in any branch of Science, Mathematics, Computers are eligible for this exam.
Students of final year and pre final year can apply for this examination.

There is no bar in the age limit for the GATE examination.
29th February 2016, 01:48 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Minimum qualification required to apply for GATE:-

Minimum qualification to appear for GATE is B.E., B tech, B .arch (4 years)

Those in the final year of these programs can also apply

Also Masters degree holder in streams like science, maths, computers, including those in final year can also apply

candidates with qualifications obtained by examinations conducted by societies.
29th February 2016, 02:10 PM
secret29
Senior Member+

No, You are not eligible for Gate -2016 entrance exam if you have not completed you graduation degree.
The minimum eligibility criteria to apply for the Gate is graduation in any streams from any recognized university of India.
Note : Final Year students are eligible for the GATE exam.

As per notification on official website of GATE the eligibility criteria is that the candidates should be currently in the final year of graduation or already completed his/her graduation.

Official website to see any information is " http://www.gate.iisc.ernet.in"
29th February 2016, 03:53 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering. This exam is conducted by Indian Institute of Technology or IISC for master's degree in technology from top engineering colleges of India like IITs, IISC, NITs etc. Candidate should have done bachelor's degree in engineering or technology from a recognized university or AICTE approved college to apply for this exam.

Those who have done master's degree in science, technology are also eligible for this exam. But as you have done bachelor's degree in arts, you are not eligible for GATE examination. To appear for GATE exam, you must have done B.Tech after diploma in electrical engineering.
29th February 2016, 04:07 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria:

*Bachelor of Technology or engineering is required in order to apply for this exam for pursuing Master of Technology course.

*Bachelor of Arts candidates are not eligible for this exam. Diploma is not the technical criteria for this exam.
29th February 2016, 05:47 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be eligible for the GATE exam.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering .

Eligibility criteria :-

-The candidate should have passed B.A/B.Tech/B.Pharm/B.Arch./B.Sc (Research)/B.S. from a recognized university.

-The candidates who have passed M.Sc/M.A/MCA or equivalent are also eligible for the exam.

-Candidates who are currently in the final year or already completed the course can also apply for the exam.

-The minimum age limit to apply for the exam should be 18 years. However, there is no restriction on upper age limit to apply for the exam.

-There is no restriction on no. of attempts for GATE exam.

The score obtained in GATE exam remains valid for a period of three years only from the date of announcement of results.

Application process :

The candidate can apply online by visiting to the official website of GATE .
29th February 2016, 07:38 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. Only Bachelor of Technology or Engineering candidates or who have done master's degree in science, computer applications etc can apply for GATE exam for M.Tech course.

Since you have done bachelor's degree in arts after diploma, you can not apply for GATE examination for M.Tech. You will have to apply for LEET exam first to do B.Tech then only you can apply for GATE exam.
29th February 2016, 07:44 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria:

1. Graduation in engineering or technology from any approved institute.

2. Master of science holders can also apply for exam.

But bachelor of arts candidate can not apply for exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?