13th August 2017, 11:28 AM
Anithaharsha

Am I eligible to give UGC NET exam after completion of BA and MA from TamilNadu Open University?

Hai, I did both my BA and MA English Literature through Tamilnadu Open University(It is recognized by UGC) through Distance Education and currently doing my M.Phil in regular mode. I wish to know whether I am eligible to appear for UGC NET Examination and getting government jobs through it.I come in pattern 10+2+3+2 only and have more efficiency and interest in my major like the regular students would have. please reply

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do Ph.D through UGC NET after completion of M.Sc Geography from Andhra University?
  2. Am I eligible to give TET and TRB exam after completion of B.Ed from Tamil Nadu Open University?
  3. Can I appear for NET after pursuing graduation from Open and post graduation from regular college?
  4. What should I do for completing Ph.D in Social Work after completion of MSW?
  5. Can I give the examination of UGC NET after completing MSc IT with 65% from Karnataka State Open University?
  6. Am I eligible to give NET or SET Exam after completion of M.Com in Finance in Distance Learning? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Am I eligible for UGC NET exam after completion of MA in Environmental Studies from Rabindraharati University?
  8. Am I eligible to give UGC NET exam after completion of MBA 2nd semester?
  9. Am I eligible to give open university exam directly after completion of 10th standard? -- [New]
  10. Am i eligible for IPS exam after studying BBA from Tamilnadu Open University?
  11. Am i eligible for UGC NET exam after PGDM degree?
  12. Can I apply for NET, if passed MSc in 4 years from an open university?
  13. Is it possible for me to do Ph.D course right after completion of B.Tech and MBA?
  14. Am I eligible to do M.Tech from distance learning after completion of B.E in Information Technology?
  15. Am I eligible to take admission in Ph.D after completion of M.A in Hindi?
  16. What is the process of doing Ph.D after completion of MCA course?
  17. Can biotech students apply for UGC NET in environment sciences?
  18. Am I eligible to give NET exam after completing PG from Global Open University?
14th August 2017, 07:51 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give UGC NET exam after completion of BA and MA from TamilNadu Open University?

Yes definitely you are surely eligible for appearing in UGC NET ( National Eligibility Test ) having completed your Bachelor and Master's degree from Tamilnadu Open University as it is approved by University Grant Commission.

Further to be eligible for appearing in NET examination you need to have completed your Master degree course with 55% marks from a UGC approved university. Relaxation of 5% marks is eligible for reserved category candidates.

For more details about NET you can refer to the link www.cbsenet.nic.in.
14th August 2017, 10:04 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give UGC NET exam after completion of BA and MA from TamilNadu Open University?

Tamil Nadu Open university is a recognized university of India.

After pursuing Master of Arts from this university, you can apply for National Eligibility Test. The criteria for this exam:

1. Master's degree with 55% marks or more.

2. No upper age limit for lectureship.
15th August 2017, 01:32 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to appear in NET examination even after completing your bachelor and master degree from open university.

Candidates passed master degree from any recognised university with minimum 55% without rounding off are eligible to appear in examination.

There is 5% relaxation in aggregate for reserved category candidates.

The examination is conducted by UGC. So, to get any detail regarding examination visit at www.ugc.ac.in.
15th August 2017, 02:11 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

The acronym UGC NET stands for University Grants Commission National Eligibility test.

About your eligibility for NET exam:

Master of arts from Tamil Nadu Open university can apply for NET exam.

The percentage of marks required is 55% for this exam.

NET is conducted for:

Lectureship.

Joint Research Fellowship.

Hope the information helps.
15th August 2017, 02:38 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The eligibility criteria for National Eligibility Test:

Academic qualification: Master's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

Minimum Percentage required to apply: Minimum 55% marks in master's degree.

Age limit: No upper age limit for Lectureship and 28 years for JRF.
15th August 2017, 02:45 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The minimum qualification required for appearing in UGC NET ( National Eligibility Test ) is a Master's degree in any discipline with at least 55% marks from a recognized university. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

Now coming to the validity of your BA or MA degree course pursued from Tamil Nadu Open University then I would like to let you know that your degree is certainly valid as Tamil Nadu Open University is approved by UGC.

For details and updates regarding NET you can visit its official website www.cbsenet.nic.in.
15th August 2017, 07:19 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

You are eligible to apply for University Grants Commission National Eligibility test after completion of Bachelor's degree in Arts and Master's degree in Arts from Tamil Nadu Open university.

The educational qualification required to apply for UGC NET exam is master's degree in any stream from a UGC recognized university with 55% marks in master's degree. One more thing you must know that, NET exam is now conducted by CBSE.
15th August 2017, 10:30 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Yes you are definitely eligible for appearing in NET ( National Eligibility Test ) after completing your BA ( Bachelor of Arts ) and MA ( Master of Arts) degree from Tamil Nadu Open University ( which is a UGC approved open University ) if you have managed to secure 55% marks in your MA degree ( which is the minimum percentage required in master's degree to appear in NET ). There is provision of marks relaxation of 5% for reserved category candidates.

For more details regarding UGC NET you can refer to the link www.cbsenet.nic.in.
15th August 2017, 10:48 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria required for National Eligibility Test:

~Master's degree in any stream from a UGC recognized university. Final year post graduation candidates can also apply for NET exam.

~~You should have at least 55% marks in master's degree to apply for NET exam.

You can apply if you have 55% marks in MA from Tamil Nadu Open University.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?