14th September 2013, 12:17 PM
S.Dhaarani

Am I eligible for group I and II? I am pursuing final year B.Tech

Am i eligible for group 1and group 2,if am pursuing final year B.Tech ?

30th April 2016, 07:17 PM
sah.alok932

Default Re: Am I eligible for group I and II? I am pursuing final year B.Tech

There are Generally four Groups or Divisions in a Government jobs in India,they are as
each Group is listed with Qualification from Higher to Lower Level,with Post Graduation, Graduation,Higher Secondary ,Secondary all sorts of qualifications are present,such as
1)Group A is listed with Post Graduation/Graduation with Higher studies
2)Group B is for Graduation
3)Group C is with Higher Secondary/Secondary
4)Group D is with Secondary.
Any Government job applicant is given job in accordance with above mentioned Groups and Qualifications,in any Government own Organization.
Among all Graduation or a Degree Holder are the most notable Qualification,most people after completing Graduation apply for Group A/B job,and get assigned to majoraly in Group A,so in short a Graduation Degree is basically enough to get a Group A job.

As you are studying B.Tech,final year You are eligible for Group A job after you complete your Degree,even now being in Final year of your Degree course you are eligible to apply for job being a final year candidate.
24th December 2017, 11:36 AM
nishanth60

Default Re: Am I eligible for group I and II? I am pursuing final year B.Tech

As you are pursuing your final year of B.Tech, you are eligible to apply for Group-1 and Group-2 examinations.

Eligibility for Group-1 & Group-2 exams :
-> The educational qualification required to apply for these exams is Graduation or any other equivalent examination pass from UGC approved college or university. Final year degree pursuing students are also eligible to apply for these exams.
-> Age limit to apply for Group-1 exam is 18-42 years and for Group-2 exam is 18-36 years and the age relaxations are :
* 3 years for OBC candidates and state government servicing employees
* 5 years for SC, ST candidates and ex-servicemen
* 10 years for Physically challenged candidates.

Selection process :
-> Selection procedure of Group-1 exam is preliminary exam(objective type), main exam(Descriptive type) and personal interview.
-> And selection procedure of Group-2 posts is written exam(objective type) which is conducted in 3 papers and personal interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?