12th July 2012, 10:32 AM
purawat

Am i eligible for IFFS exam if I am a BCA student?

i m bca student i m eligible in ifs exam....please tel me if i am

1st September 2012, 05:30 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible for IFFS exam if I am a BCA student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by purawat View Post
Since you have done Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA), you will be considered eligible for Indian Forest Service Examination provided you have studied Mathematics as one of the major subject in your bachelors degree program.

As per the guidelines of Union Public Service Commission, candidates possessing a bachelors degree in Engineering, Agriculture or Forestry are usually considered eligible for the Indian Forest Service Examination along with graduates who have studied any of the following subjects in their bachelors degree program:

Forestry-Agriculture-Botany-Chemistry-Geology-Mathematics-Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science.

Age Limit:

The age limit to appear for the Indian Forest Service Examination is 21-30 years, where the maximum age limit is relaxed upto 3 years for candidates from OBC category and 5 years from SC/ST category.

Since Indian Forest Service Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission, you may refer to its official website for any further information:

www.upsc.gov.in
3rd September 2012, 04:50 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Am i eligible for IFFS exam if I am a BCA student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by purawat View Post
Yes you are eligible to apply for the Indian forest service examination. Any graduate candidate can apply for the Indian Forest service examination. The IFS examination is conducted by the UPSC every year. This exam is conducted for the selection of candidate as an officer in Indian Forest. The eligibility required for the Indian Forest service examination is given below:

Education qualification
Candidate applying for the Indian forest service examination should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for this examination.

Those qualify the written examination will be called for the interview. Finally on the basis of merit list candidates will be called for the training.

Age Limit
Candidate applying for the Indian forest service examination should have age between 21 to 30 years. Relaxation in age will be given to reserved category candidates like SC/ST or OBC as per the govt. rules.

For more information on Indian forest service examination you can also visit at the below web site;

www.upsc.gov.in
3rd September 2012, 05:16 PM
anu kumari 2
Senior Member+

Education qualification

Those candidate passed Graduation from any recognized university are eligible for IFFS.

candidate age between 21 to 30 years.
www.upsc.gov.in
26th September 2012, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

Hi All, I have done BCA, during my BCA there was no Mathematics subject and I have studied computer oriented numerical methods and statistics subject. Could you tell me i m eligible in ifs exam?
3rd November 2020, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

Is possible to became a Indian forest service officer if I am a bachelor of computer applications student
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?