11th February 2019, 06:25 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for Indian Air Force, I am an Architecture student?

I am a girl and had Commerce with Mathematics stream in my Intermediate. I am doing Bachelors in Architecture currently. Can I join Indian Air Force or Indian Army after completion of my graduation in any department of these two wings?

13th February 2019, 12:12 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Indian Air Force, I am an Architecture student?

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Air Force. To join Indian Navy, it is compulsory to have Mathematics and Physics in std 12th.

So, without Physics in std 12th you are not eligible to appear for the examination to join Indian Air Force as an officer, but eligible for Group Y entry.

But, you are eligible to join as an officer through AFCAT entry after completion of bachelor degree with minimum 60% aggregate.

To get information about AFCAT visit at www.carrerairforce.nic.in.
13th February 2019, 07:33 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

CDS stands for Combined Defence Services. CDS examination is conducted twice every year by UPSC. Architecture graduates can apply for CDS exam for Indian Military Academy. The academic qualification required for IMA is bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

You can not apply for Indian Air Force because B.Tech or B.Sc in Mathematics or Physics is required for IAF through CDS exam.
14th February 2019, 09:04 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to appear for Air Force recruitment examination and after qualifying in all the stages will become eligible for final selection.

The entrance examination for recruitment are :-

AFCAT - Minimum bachelor degree qualification.

Air Force "Y" - 12th in any stream.

So, you can appear in the examination as per the required qualification.
15th February 2019, 12:17 PM
Umapattapu
Junior Member+

**There is a golden opportunity for young boys having 10+2 (Science) qualification with Physics and Maths to join as an officer in the Indian Air Force by appearing for the National Defence Academy (NDA) and Naval Academy (NA) Examination conducted by the UPSC conducted twice a year in all major cities throughout India
*The age limit for flying branch is 20-24 years while candidates having commercial pilot licence (CPL) issued by DGCA have upper limit for applying for flying branch is 26 years . For ground duty and technical branch it is 20-26 years. . AFCAT forms are out and eligible candidates are advised to apply for it
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?